Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am building custom vivs that fit into one corner in my house. The corner is an odd shape and there are 3 vivs that is going into this corner… The sizes of the vivs are (Front) – 71cm (2.3 ft)
(Left) – 41cm (1.3 ft)
(Right) – 68cm (2.2 ft)
(Back) – 33cm (1 ft)
(Height) - 50cm (1.6 ft)

The vivs where designed for mostly for gecko’s, but I was wondering if this was enough space for a bearded dragon (or 2)?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I don't know much about beardies but I reckon you'd need something bigger. I think the minimum floor size for a single beardie is about 36"Lx18"D or 36"Lx24"D.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
yeah your going to need more floor space then what your thinking of at present. How about making the viv so it comes away from the corner more so the left and right are longer and the front around 3ft or more if you can get the space to do that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I will keep the corner viv's as is, as they fit nice and snug into the corner. When I am ready for some beardies, I will build another viv for them...

Any suggestions on what reptiles (Gecko/Lizard) I can house in these viv’s? At the moment they will house 1 leopard gecko…

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
You can pretty much fit any type of Gecko you wanted in there I think. Leo, Gargoyle, Tokay, creastie etc.... They would all happily live in that type of space. Especially with the height.

As for anything else I' not sure the space is big enough tbh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts