1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im ross partner
just to let you know
firstly ross has been down with laryngitis
secondly we have been inundated with more than 70 viv orders and all of you want them like yesterday, has anyone noticed its been xmas and new year. Is he not allowed a family holiday, we do have a child
Lastly any pm's hes not replied to will be my fault, i sometimes open this and it logs onto ross immedietly, but i dont read the pm's as he has over 50 waiting to be answered
Once again hes sick
Also we have a full time reptile sanctuary and hes a full time employed joiner.
No one has displayed any patience or consideration for the fact that there is a huge amount of vivs ordered. No one has paid or sent cheques so its not like hes ripping you off.
Im sorry to moan but please
Isnt he allowed to catch his breath first.

Phew and sorry to those of you he has managed to talk too and have displayed patience.

oh and lastly, even though he is sick and has been told by his doctor he wants him hospitalised hes arranging a trip down south to deliver snakes and vivs this weekend, im furious because hes very ill but constant bad mouthing has made him decide to do this, i dont drive so he'll be doing the driving, the viv building and the running ragged.
Our email inbox is full and if he sits at the pc for more than 10 minutes he gets all sweaty and dizzy
Ross would never say any of this, its not like him, but i wont have him bad mouthed either, as for demands for vivs, we have a right to refuse anyone giving us a bad reputation, were not a viv making business and this forum has flooded us, were a reptile sanctuary so while he collects materials tools etc and tries to get well and keep his job BACK OFF
Im sorry to all of those which havent said a thing and are being patient but we have had threatening emails, insults and bad mouthing, its me that reads them not ross and im very p**sed off
as for him being online all night THAT WAS ME i do not read his viv mails or pm's until now, i deal with rehomes but seeing as the viv threats have been sent to the reptile inbox i saw them and went looking through some

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
i hope he feels better soon,his health is more important than any viv.i would like to order a viv from you soon but i'll wait until he feel's upto it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, i mean that a lot
Im a bit upset as no one seems to understand that were not a viv company, he did it to raise money for the sanctuary and its totally flooded since joining this site, we have no system in place yet and he is very sick. Im going to put up a new email for vivs only and set up a new system with realistic delivery dates,
I need to open a delivery company account too as he cant run down south every weekend on top of work, viv making, reptile rescuing and being with his baby

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hope your husband feels better soon, i have ordered a viv but as the person above said it can wait till he is up to full health.

I think it is very rude of people not to let ross have a break :( he is obviously a very busy and kind hearted man for running a rescue and having a full time job.

Tell him to get to the hospital and forget about the vivs until he is up to full health!!!!!!

Hope you get well soon.

(p.s you are a top lass for telling people where they stand and informing us of what is happening to Ross)

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
he pm'd me other day and said that he was bringing a viv on saturday, this was after he said he was ill. why say he can bring one if he actually cant?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
In my opinion, only once payment has been sent is an order actually an order. At this stage Ross should give a time of delivery.

If this has been done and he has not met your deadline, you know he is ill so give him a few days then you are entitled to moan.

If you havent paid and are moaning, think about what you're doing !!

Ross - instead of answering the same questions over and over and over, why not set up a page listing all the standard sizes with prices etc and paypal payment buttons, wuick and easy and most people will want standard sizes anyway.

Gary

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
just wondered why u read my message yesterday then asking if u wanted to arrange something proper and u didnt get in touch back. Are you bringing a viv or not, im confused.
I know you read the message because it wasnt in my outbox, and it doesnt take long u type a message arranging everything or if needs be, cancelling the plans.

I don't know where i stand, my mum told me i have my birthday present coming on saturday so i put the finishing touch on my bosc arrangements and now i dont know if im getting a viv or not. Please could you PM me and let me know cuz i really dont know what to do :(

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ross m8, I can understand your frustration m8. Deep breathe and calm down ;-)

Think the best thing you can do is to get people to prioritise the vivs ( ie anyoe with animals orders etc get them to contact ya and try and have them sorted first) Anyone just looking to upgrade WONT mind waiting a while. I certinly dont mind m8. Got the flu myself at the minute and still working and so know how sh!tty it feels.

Start getting a system in place as well so you know where you stand. That many vivs must be driving ya nuts as well. But surely if you hae 10 3 foot vivs as standard size its easier to do them in one batch? (Just trying to help out m8)

As for my order... dont stress over it.... I can order off usual supplier for now then when your on your feet and feeling better I'll get some off ya ;-)

Take care m8.... deep breath and chill :)

As for people needing viv's done NOW... think is it really needed right this second or can it wait just a week or 2 till Ross feels better? If needed right now and you have an animal relying on it then poilitely ASK Ross and take it from there. Remember though the Chrimbo period and the fact that he is ill. Everyones getting just a little too stressed ;-)

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
I've had to make an advert by the way ross, not out of impatience but like i said, i have a baby bosc coming this weekend and he obviously needs a home, I have glass tanks but its going to be stressful for him getting settled into one just to get moved again. Tried to ask you if you need address, i dont know if my mum has given u details so if u got in contact it'd be less stressful for me and less pressure on yourself as i wont need to get so worried and ask u so much.

·
Registered
380 Posts
ok ross has had to go back to bed so too confuse you its leanne here signed in a rossthedon
Today im going to go through all mails all pms, ive opened a new email
[email protected]
for all viv orders ill get in touch with everyone of you today so be patient, im going to set up info on our website but this may take all day as we were not prepared for this flood of orders, bear in min that before joining this forum we had locals buying vivs and had to clear all those orders first (done that in the last few days)
please be patient and give me time, stop sending duplicat pm's as this will slow me down
if you have us on msn please stop trying to talk to me as this is also slowing me down. I will reply to everyone today and answer all questions
Bear in mind today ends at midnight and i intend to work through everyone so give me till midnight beofre harrassing me over and over if i have not gotten to you first.

Leanne

·
Registered
290 Posts
um ok not to get on anybodys bad side or anything but i have a question for blazey, but why did you have the bosc and the viv arrive on the same weekend??, this might just be me but i alway have the houseing ready at least a week in advance to obtaining any animal (herp or otherwise) even if i'm not planning to get an animal I always have something ready (just in case) and if i know the animal is gonna be arrive on a certain date (like my second corn i know about that about 2 months before she arrived) I make sure the viv is set up at least a month in advance to make sure everything is perfect temp wise ( i live in a stupid old house that can get a bit cold at night :() sorry if i seem like a arse but it just always seemed to make sence to do it that way to me.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
hey ladyb, i have a viv suitable, the issue was i didnt want to let him getting settled in one just to have to move him again whenever the viv decided to turn up. just so u know :) viv already rearranged now, looking forward to my bosc tomorrow and got a brand new viv for same price coming aswell :) all turned out really well in the end.

·
Registered
290 Posts
ahhhh ok then sorry i got confused it often happens lol :oops:

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
I think maybe Ross took a bit too much on with all the viv making, If anyone near to me requires vivs made please PM, sorry to jump on your thread Ross but I can only sort people in my vincinty, so it may illeviate a bit of the stress for you and your family.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Ross, keep up the good work and get well, I too have built viv's for people in the past only for them to moan on its arrival when all they hav e done is email me a rough sketch or basic outline, so I stopped and only do them for friends now, as if there is no cash (order) made who are they to quibble.

The end of the day, he has a life, wife, family, kid and a job, which those with any consideration should understand come 1st.

If your in that much of a rush to get a viv, build one yourself (its not hard, so long as you can cut straight and take accurate measurements) or go online/to a shop and buy one.

I hate to moan myself or take sides but its not good seeing someone take flak over something we all love, hence were on here.

Remember its easier to blame others than yourself.

Cheers

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you brought a tear to my eye thats was beautiful lol
today is a new day, im happy
weve sorted out directly with most viv orders altho a few never got back to me about lost pms so im sorry you need to get in touch if you have not heard as i have no details after losing all the pms
the centre has came off holidays, our volunteers are back yeah
ross is feeling a bit better and is doing a couple of hours easy work today
were delivering vivs this sunday, nice trip down south for our wee family
Phone is back ringing non stop with rep related queries, back to normal now
i feel all better

1 - 20 of 25 Posts