Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well he hasnt eaten for around 3 weeks now but i haven't been so worried about him due to a shed. I always take the shed out of his vivarium and the other day i noticed another full shed. Is this normal for him to shed twice in such a short space of time, and will he start eating again soon? He looks healthy, isnt as active as he usually is, particularly at night, but once he's out his reactions are quick and he's the same old Cuthbert. Do you think there is a problem?

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
he's my kingsnake :) he's not that old though either, I dont really know his exactly age but i thought he'd be bigger by now. Maybe im just worrying because he's my only snake and i dont know as much about them as i do lizards. I'll calm down :) should i keep offering him food?

wasnt me who gave rep, though i think u deserve it for ur fast response :D

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Maybe im just worrying because he's my only snake and i dont know as much about them as i do reptiles.
Just to point out and be quite pedantic snake are reptiles! :lol2:

I'd keep offering food though but if he goes on much longer offer once every 2 weeks until he starts eating.... saves you a few rats ;)

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i was actually meant to put lizards but nevermind, u know what i mean. I find Cuthbert quite scary so i dont really handle him much, do u think that could be bad for him? I like him and everything and he never strikes at me once he's out but he does scare me a little...silly i know.

edited my above post to say lizards...happy now gaz :p

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no he's nice he's just....he smiles at me....and tim said king snakes dont smile....so i think he's a bit creepy now. he does smile though. I even had a picture of it but i think it may have been deleted off my mums pc a while ago.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
He will be FAR happier not being played with often than if you had him out every day - i promise you.

Does anything else you have eat rodents? If so just offer him something that belongs elsewhere first that way you wont waste any more food than needed.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
god dont talk to me about don, we're having a lovers tiff.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dons the bosc. my boyfriends being a bit better behaved than don.

Don is getting on my nerves recently. He keeps trying to escaped his vivarium -and has succeeded once - and he keeps pulling off his background. In fact, i bet its on the floor of his vivarium right now. He's a pain and i've had enough of him

1 - 15 of 15 Posts