Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, firstly hello! this is my first post (I wish it was a nicer one!) and I just wanted to ask for some advice about my CWD. Plic (~1 year old) has seemed to develop an eye problem which I only really started to notice yesterday. He is closing his eye a lot (which he never usually does before now), probably about 80% of the time, and there is definate discolouration in it. I read on Tricias water dragon site that he may have something in there and to flush it out with water- do you think I should try that and if so, how do I go about doing so? She also says that their eyes bulge ahead of shedding, but would that occur in both eyes at the same time?

I have attached a couple of photos for you to have a look at (the first is his 'bad' eye, his right one. and the other photo is his left eye so you can compare). Any suggestions or recommendations would be muchly appreciated! This is my first lizard so maybe I'm being overprotective but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
577 Posts
You can use any saline solution from the drug store.....or even contact RINSE solution. It has also been noted that CWD's will develop eye issues if their humidity is not quite high enough. Perhaps that may be a part of the problem.

Pat

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks for that. He washed himself last night and his eye seems a lot better now, maybe he just got a bit of something in it that caused irritation? Anyway, I will keep an eye on his humidity levels more intently in the future just in case that was the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts