Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have 2 cwd i think they are approx 4-6mnths they are very active but dont seem to be eating i have only had hem about a week.
there temperature is 29 degrees top middle of tank and about 31 in the basking spot the cold end (the bottom) is about 25.5 degrees humidity is controlled between 65%and 75%.
im offering locust morio worms wax worms butter worms and fish.they dont look badly under weight 1 is a tad skinny and the other looks ok but they just dont seem to eat.

just to add you can see my setup in my status if that helps

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
it could just be them settling in as I have had that with cwds before they are just getting use to new home just keep your eye on them for a while but they probably will start eating once they settle in.Were the cb as I got one that was cf and it took her ages to start eating

·
Registered
331 Posts
i had the the same problem with my 2 cwd when i first got them!! Think they just need 2 settle in abit more, i got mine 2 start feed again with meal worms, offerin them with feedin tongs!! Try it, worth a go, how bigs there viv?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
thats odd, the first day when i got my baby CWD, he was feeding from my hand pretty hapily, it may take a while longer with more than one though, as their instinct is stronger together?

·
Registered
40 Posts
they're quite fussy eaters. You just have to be patient and leave them to their devices. Don't handle them much at first.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I have kept them before never really had a problem. I'm going to try setting up another water bowl and see how they react to that. I don't handle them at all at the moment. I'm also thinking of trying to feed them out of the tank in a big box see if that works. What do you think?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts