Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo im sitting in my chair flicking through the movie channels when I hear the loudest crix I have ever heard! after about 5 cherps I got up and decided im gonna squash that little ****!

I sneak up the stairs and onto the landing where I think its coming from and get on my hands and knees in the dark. Im searching every nook and cranny I can find looking under the carpet and everything!

After about 10 mins I have traced the sound half way around my house to find out its my smoke alarm telling me the battery is running low!!! ffs! how much of a prat am I! I swear it sounded just like a crix when they do that single cherp thing every 30 odd seconds!

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
ahahahahaha.
sorry Thats good!

i had a cricket once that didnt do the odd random chirp. It did chriping like mad! as if it was on speed or something. Did my head in!

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
i can hear one chirping now. either the one under the washer or its in its cricket keeper under the stairs.
The other day i could hear one getting louder, looked for it for ages and then found it right on the corner on top of the stack... tongs come in great and not just for feeding snakes!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahahahahaha.
sorry Thats good!

i had a cricket once that didnt do the odd random chirp. It did chriping like mad! as if it was on speed or something. Did my head in!
A couple of years ago I dropped a box of large crix and lost about half around the house. One managed to get into my neighbours house and into the loft. They thought it was a bird that got stuck so they called the RSPCA out and everything! dont you just hate those mad crix that wont shut up!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
They are anoying mine din't make any noise for 4 days now they won't shut up lol

·
Registered
11,083 Posts
I often have the odd escapee about the house, fortunately the cats are very efficient at catching the little buggers :lol2:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
lol, nice one

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
haha! well we have a cricket in our kitchen, cant find it anywhere cos as soon as you step into the kitchen it shuts up! hopin it'll just hury up and die cos its driving us all mad! :lol2:

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
hubby keeps cham and locusts in our room. All ok until we had a couple of noisy crickets in with the locust batch..gggrrrr:-x
what was worse? His snoring or the crickets? I gave up and got up...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts