Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the agency I usually do my work with called and offered me 4 weeks work! YAY!

Hang on a min though, they're looking for someone with desirable shorthand hand writing skills and who has worked as a PA at senior level. BOO.

WTF, could you not think to check my CV before offering me work I've never done before? :bash::bash::bash:

Now I could prob do the work, give me a week or 2 and plain sailing. But they want someone who can do it NOW. And I just told him straight, I've never done it. He hadn't even checked my CV. I'm not sure my admin letter writing, call answering skills can be classed as PA work.

So now in a time of NO work, and me desperate for money I've had to tell them to get back to me on it. He's calling the people (it's with the bloody council PAing to dept. heads.......!) to see if my lowly admin skills are enough.

Oh and looking at my CV. :bash::bash:

I just want teh munnies :(

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
They do that quite alot, they rang me up "have you used the Rio system before? No I havent,. Its ok we will just say you have and you can pick it up in no time."

Thankfully I picked it very quickly and ended up replacing the girl I was covering for as she is just abit rubbish.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I reckon I could do it. If I had a week or 2 to pick it up. But the post is only 4 weeks, they want someone who can hit the floor running :( He read out the person spec to me.

I'm pretty confident, and have never had a prob in a job before (they all love me :D ), but I didn't feel comfortable with it at all :(

He's getting back to me, so fingers crossed they'll make allowances for the things I haven't done. We'll see!!!!

I hope so.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also had not thought of that :D

I don't think it helped that he called while I was still in bed :whistling2:

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
Instead of writing it down, record it all on a dictaphone or suitable mp3 player/recorder.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
My shorthand is immense
No one understands it yet it makes perfect sense to me :2thumb:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just to let you know, The exact same thing happened to me….Never done this before, PA’ing to executive level. Just go for it. I’m still here! :D

·
Registered
13,213 Posts
Funny enough the job my agency got me requires me to use machinery i've never even seen before.

And ironically the machinery I CAN use is the machinery I don't use. They taught me how to use all the other stuff.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Man called me back but I was driving. Just gonna see what he says now :D

4 weeks munneh... I wants it!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts