Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm setting up a new tortoise home, nearly finished. The pair are in it now, just needs some more decor and things to entertain them a bit.

Anyway, go in to put up the (probably) last light.

Didn't really think about it, plugged it in, then got it in place. Nearly finished when boom. turns out a 240v shock really, really, really hurts. after a lot of :censor: I left the light where I had it.

Now I have this outline on my finger and the worlds WORST headache.

Well that's my near death experience for the day, how was yours?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
So I'm setting up a new tortoise home, nearly finished. The pair are in it now, just needs some more decor and things to entertain them a bit.

Didn't really think about it, plugged it in, then got it in place. Nearly finished when boom. turns out a 240v shock really, really, really hurts. after a lot of :censor: I left the light where I had it.

not good, thats not sounding like a great day......

·
Registered
3,201 Posts

poor you:gasp:

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
loll, it wasn't exactly my finest moment, stood on a rock in my walk in cupboard surrounded by wires and in quite a lot of pain....

First thing I did, call my OH. Then look at the damage. :)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
at least you are still here to tell the tale :whistling2:

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats pretty much what I was thinking lol. Took me a sec to realise... then I was just stood there like.... Wooooaaaaahh. :gasp:

Is it bad that my finger is going numb.... :eek4: ?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
u wont do that again will you........:gasp:

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It wasnt really intentional in the first place lol. But yes, definitely being more careful in future. :whistling2:

ow.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:lol2: I'm not going near anything electrical for at least a hour. (except the laptop, sheila, she wouldn't hurt me :whistling2: ) They've all got it in for me. :gasp:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Not to scare you but if you get a big electric shock you really should go to hospital and get them to check you over, they usually hook you up to a heart machine n check its still in rythem as a shock can put it off, when people get plated at work n report it off they go to the hospital. N as you thumb is going numb i'd be getting it checked.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
i was wiring some new sockets in at home and turns out the bodge job electricians that were here before put two ring mains in so the one I was working on was live. Boom I had a black hand luckily most consumer units now have RCDs that are extremely sensitive so its very hard to kill yourself as it cuts itself out. Best one was I was on a job putting a toilet in and was drilling a 5 inch hole thru a wall where I was assured by the Latvian (I think) builders that there were no cables next thing I no I got blown clear out the toilet and into a wall. It was the main electric phase for the house :( that one made me feel a little odd for a while.

Hope your ok tho!

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OW!!! wow, i bet it did. all good now though? I'm all fine lol, felt a little iffy for a bit, but it passed lol. Did consider getting it all checked, but seemed to be ok after a little while. if anything seems off though, im going straight up the hospital! :lol2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts