Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi, i have this shrimp and sometimes ill see it reach up at a fish above it and try to grab it or pinch it. it has grown considerably since io got it. i was wondering what shrimp it was. if you could help i would be thankful.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looks like a glass shrimp to me, I. Had 4 of them last year and they managed to kill many of my fish

·
Registered
218 Posts
Do you keep any fry in the tank? I so I'd remove them ASAP I often caught mine reaching into the breeder grabbing fry, I eventually swapped them for some neons as I was loosing a fish nearly every night. They also used to steal the pellets of my corydoras

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no fry tho i have noticed some of my fish have gone. i wasn't completely sure if it was the other fish or shrimp tho my fish haven done it previously. ill have to return it where i got it from. thankyou for your help

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Any shrimp will take down fry and small fish. Ive seen several shrimp mob adult guppies and drag them to the ground.

They tend to be less aggressive if they are kept and fed properly though.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
They look like glass shrimp to me!
I have 4 adutls in my tanks with neon tetras, lemon tetras, baby mollies, guppys and fry! Their has never been any trouble with them... Very cool shrimp! :2thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.