Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

my first batch of corn snake aggs have been cooking for 55 days at 82.what will happen to the eggs before hatching?they are nice plump white eggs at the moment.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sometimes a day or two before they hatch they will dimple in, as if they a dehydrated. I must say I haven't seen this with my clutches but that may be the way I incubate. At 82f they may go over 60 days. I incubate at 82-83 and the first usually pips at around 62 days. Just be patient, they'll hatch when they are ready!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rus,what I have read. There don't seem to be any rules on hatch time. I did read that one person hatch their eggs in 55 days at 79 to 80.

·
Registered
259 Posts
No worries, yeah I've heard of very short incubation times but its all relative. They hatch when they hatch! I know what I'm like though, after day 50 I'm checking them every half or to see what's happening!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
It's just a case of 'chillax and wait'! They will come out in their own good time! :2thumb: Expecting pictures when they hatch! : victory:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im not to bad to be honest guys,i just dont want to miss the first one pipping.something ive never seen with my own eyes.i would think its something you will never get bored of.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
im not to bad to be honest guys,i just dont want to miss the first one pipping.something ive never seen with my own eyes.i would think its something you will never get bored of.
Then just wait and let them do it. You will probably be lucky enough to see one pipping! Good luck and as I said we are expecting photographs! :2thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts