Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the zoo yesterday and took loads of pics :p
over 100 but i picked a few to put on, most or reptiles so thought i would show them you. Hope you like them :D

hope you like them (that took ages putting them up, YOU BETTER LIKE THEM lol only jokin)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Nice pix mate. What is the monitor? on the second to last pic? Excuse ignorance, not at all clued up on my 4 legged reptiles.

What zoo?

·
Registered
318 Posts
OMG you found NEMO :lol: :lol: :lol: . Some lovely animals there. i too would like to know where that is.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a crocodile monitor :D massive lizard 8)

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Wicked which Zoo? My local is bristol and on the lizard side its pretty poor!

I'm loving the Gilla Monsters!

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
wow fab piccies!! Which zoo was it?? Im major into my big cats but hav neva seen a panther in a zoo and im jealous!!!!!!!!!! :(

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welshgaz said:

It was Chester Zoo has quite a selection of animals, but not many snakes nd lizards.Enough i suppose. But they keep A green anaconda, common boa and another anaconda all together. The anacondas are only small about 8ft+ but the shouldnt be with boas should they?
Thought i woulld see burmese pythons but no. Supose they do have nice reptiles there though.
Green Mamba and Green Tree Monitor were very nice and the komoda, Big fella :)

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
no boas should not be in with anacondas! In fact mixing species is just wrong and I'd expect a zoo to know that!

but they have green mambas!! One of my favorite snakes!

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nat said:
wow fab piccies!! Which zoo was it?? Im major into my big cats but hav neva seen a panther in a zoo and im jealous!!!!!!!!!! :(
Chester Zoo, its a black jaguar lol. They have a couple cats actouly :D Tigers, Lions Male and Lioness :D , Jaguars, Black Jaguar tinks about it actually. Have you heard of the LIGER?

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
snakelover said:
Nat said:
Chester Zoo, its a black jaguar lol. They have a couple cats actouly :D Tigers, Lions Male and Lioness :D , Jaguars, Black Jaguar tinks about it actually. Have you heard of the LIGER?
Yea i did alot of research on ligers actually lol Lions x tigers, I think they are penomenal!! Still not sure how I feel bout the whole crossing species thing but If I was gona get eaten by an animal id defo choose a liger lol

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol there like double size of tigers and lions, they make MASSIVE CATS look tiny :D

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
a real nice selection of reptiles :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
loved the gila monster picture, very nice coloration. Also like the comodo dragons and the melanistic leopard. London zoo, mate??

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
btw the aquarium section is AMAZING the milawi set up is massive and packed LOVELY, Salt water fish :D nice, tropical water fish are amazing, anyone love fish and live nar manchester/chester go there. they dont have hundreds of tanks but amazing fish. :D

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
snakelover said:
welshgaz said:

It was Chester Zoo has quite a selection of animals, but not many snakes nd lizards.Enough i suppose. But they keep A green anaconda, common boa and another anaconda all together. The anacondas are only small about 8ft+ but the shouldnt be with boas should they?
Thought i woulld see burmese pythons but no. Supose they do have nice reptiles there though.
Green Mamba and Green Tree Monitor were very nice and the komoda, Big fella :)
as soon as i saw the boa and condas together i new it was chester lol

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
love the jaguar looks really impressive :wink: must admit like my big cats such an air of grace about them!!

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
andysharpe said:
loved the gila monster picture, very nice coloration. Also like the comodo dragons and the melanistic leopard. London zoo, mate??
noooooo, Chester Zoo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts