Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never did get round to posting about this.

I went to the northampton show the other day, and spent most of the day in the reptile tent.

had a chat with most of the members of 'northampton reptile club' or what ever its called.

Some really nice people, and had some beautiful reps.

one thing that did hit me a little strange though.... I was chatting with someone about the BTS's, they mentioned that the claws grew a bit long, so they tryed usigng sandpaper as substrate to try and wear down the claws......

but in the end the took the sandpaper out again as it made the skinks belly go red :hmm:

:banghead:

·
Registered
548 Posts
but in the end the took the sandpaper out again as it made the skinks belly go red :hmm:

:banghead:

Lol, thats good thinking:2thumb:

·
5,234 Posts
Its not as strange as you may think, Ive seen people do it before. I wouldn't, i'd much rather put in a variety of stones etc to ware them down a bit more naturally.

·
Registered
296 Posts
you would have thought before that they dont always stand so it was bound to hurt there belly.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
not as daft as the bosc I saw missing two toes because it's previous owner tried to use massive nail clippers (made for people's finger nails) to trim it's claws.
Thats horrible...poor little thing.
:devil:

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
you forgot to mention the fact they were going to put a royal down becasue it wasnt taking defrosted and they didnt want to feed it live as its "illegal" took all my might to politely say its not illegal, there are terms to it and it is discouraged and its a last resort but the royal shouldnt be put down, had to leave after got half way round and one of the boys told me his 2 cresties died cause he had them in the car all day

:2wallbang::bash:

anyway.....not trying to make them sound bad, they had some lovely animals that were well kept and provided Northampton with a large, varied display of reps for all the very interested families but think they have just learnt the hard way in some senses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts