Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do folks do with deformed baby beardies? We have had 16 hatch so far - 15 100%, but one doesn't have proper back legs. Not that the little scamp knows it - it is tearing around with all the others!

My husband told Michael he can keep it - I'm just worried what happens if we get more LOL!

Is this a normal occurence? And what would you do?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I think I would keep it or sell it or give it too a loving home and give it the best life possible but i would never breed it in case its genetic or advise the buyer against breeding

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
i would keep it or rehome to a loving home as i have a deformed beardie at the moment and he is living a happy life and you would never no he was deformed. Like said abouve just advise against breeding :)

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
If it's not in pain/discomfort and is managing to get around and eat, then there is no reason why it cannot be kept. I had a deformed one hatch this summer. It had a much slower growth rate, and it took the best part of 2 weeks to get it feeding on its own. It's now living with a new family, and last time I checked was still growing, eating and getting around.

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
yeah, as long as it's in no pain etc. Should be fine.
I would probably suggest against using it for breeding. And if you sold the beardie to someone make sure you burn it into their skull that this beardie is sold on the circumstances of no breeding :p

Ooooo another Essex Person. Ello :D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i would just see how the little fellow does and then just do what you think is best ;)
and i would highly forbid breeding with it incase the genetics carry on anth

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I won't be selling it - Michael's named it Jasper already! I think it will get spoilt rotten, and no, I wouldn't dream of breeding from it (I only want to keep the one breeding pair anyway!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts