Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got 2 baby corns a couple of days ago and am coming up to feeding them soon, but with the pinkies i got they are all frozen together, what is the best way to separate them without them splitting in half etc. because defrosting, refreezing is bad for the snake isnt it. can any body help please

·
Registered
972 Posts
as above... just kinda prise them apart...
When I used to use pinkies they were often stuck together, bit of a pain and the odd leg may snap off.
Try buying them from a shop where you can select them yourself in a kinda 'pick n mix' type fashion so they wont be stuck together.

·
Registered
17,332 Posts
Or....What you can do is just leave them out the freezer for say 10-15mins...You will find they come apart without breaking then, and its not defrosting so no need to worry bout them spoiling. Once they are seperate they shouldnt clump up again??

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
some posts just leaving me wondering how people manage to dress themselves.
A lot of people aren't even adults on here (or don't behave like it anyway) so that pretty much answers the question.

·
Registered
291 Posts
BB:notworthy: you are very possibly one of the 'special' people and I am honored to be able to share the forum with you... If only I was born knowing everything just like you:flrt:

Jeez how rude are you and Sooty the sheep. We all had to start somewhere and if you really feel like your post why not grow up and keep it to yourself and let others post helpful comments. What a nice welcome to a newbie.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
unless they have defrosted and then frosted together with allot of moisture ive always found they just seperate with a little pull/twist.
so what if you make a hole in it it getting eaten and digested anyway.

·
Registered
35,069 Posts
BB:notworthy: you are very possibly one of the 'special' people and I am honored to be able to share the forum with you... If only I was born knowing everything just like you:flrt:

Jeez how rude are you and Sooty the sheep. We all had to start somewhere and if you really feel like your post why not grow up and keep it to yourself and let others post helpful comments. What a nice welcome to a newbie.
Its a public forum I am free to express myself as I see fit within forum rules, and I shall continue to do so.

I am pretty sure my 10 year old could have worked out how to seperate a bunch of frozen pinkies.

Its not a case of being born kowing everything, more a case of an ounce of common sense

·
Registered
276 Posts
I agree people should be able to voice their opinions but just try and use a bit of empathy. We all started some where and had to ask questions. I agree I have had this problem and didn't feel the need to ask how to separate them on a forum. But at least if the person is unsure they are asking and not just guessing and getting it wrong.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's a simple question that requires a simple answer. There is no need to belittle the OP.

I know I've had a hard time breaking apart frozen beefburgers that have been at the bottom of the fridge for a couple of months. Usually I wrap them in a tea towel and smash them against the kitchen counter. Try it with the mice haha.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Stupid question to us sure and I understand it is an open forum and everyone has the right to say what they think but it was the guys first post - could give him a bit of a break. He has found somewhere he feels he can get help and ask questions and would suggest wants to be a responsible herper. On the flipside there are questions I see as stupid now but I would imagine I either found out the answer the hard way or asked someone, thats all. OP may have been a troll or an anti fishing or it maybe a genuine question and his first post.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts

BAAAAAAHAAAA!!:lol2:been called many things in my time,never a sheep:gasp:.just laughing at what bladeblaster had to say.its true no one minds newbie questions at all,but common sense is needed sometimes before you put a post up eh!: victory:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts