Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right Ladies and Germs,

Sorry if this seems like a 'stupid' question.....But I don't eat meat therefore have got nothing to go by.

What is the minimum time I can defrost a large mouse for?

It is in a zip lock bag out of the fridge.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Until it all feels soft and is at room temperature. Time depends on size of mouse. If you want to hurry it up a bit, put the bag in warm water.

·
Registered
513 Posts
i normaly leave mine out for a couple of hrs to defrost

then i heat up in warm water for a few minutes

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. I bought a small mouse at about 1740 today. Will I be alright to feed it to my royal in about half an hour? I know it's feable but I never have to defrost anything! LOL

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. I bought a small mouse at about 1740 today. Will I be alright to feed it to my royal in about half an hour? I know it's feable but I never have to defrost anything! LOL
That's plenty of time ;)

If you wan't to warm it to make it seem abit more alive, pop it in a sandwich bag and then into some warm water for a few minutes - seems to get a better feeding response : victory:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's plenty of time ;)

If you wan't to warm it to make it seem abit more alive, pop it in a sandwich bag and then into some warm water for a few minutes - seems to get a better feeding response : victory:
Cheers Ghost

Cool Signature By The Way!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I always wait till the belly is room temp when u squeeze it. then sometimes I'll put it in a bag and in warm water.
If you don't wait till the mouse is well and truly defrosted there may be certain bacteria that my make your snake ill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts