Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so the other day i looked on a forum it sed pinch the skin on your leos tummy to see if they are dehydrated if they are the skin will stay up for a bit....i wasnt at all woried that they were dehydrated....they eat loads act normal bla bla bla but there skin stayed up and i was realy worried so they must be dehydrated but they dont look dehydrated as youve seen in my pics they eat fine poop fine look fine act fine so how can they be i have a waterbowl wiv water in everyday i spray there moist hide so plz help :cry:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
or maybe there not dehydrated maybe thats how they are there eyes ARNT sunk in at all there neck isnt saggy so maybe there not

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
if everything else is fine then they are fine,ive never once witnessed my leo drinking,even the time i bathed him he kept his head well above the water,you sound like me,i read about impaction and was convinced as he hant pooed he was impacted,after frantic posts and making a vets app he duly pooed :roll: try not to read such things thats what im doing,to start with if some1 said theirs done this that n the other id be worried he didnt,it will be ok youre doing a grand job :D

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks very much as i say there is nohing at all wrong wiht them there skin looks fine its onmy cause in tested it lol
i always spray hide theres always fresdh water in they eat loads....temps are 88 on the warm side 85 on cool thats on day and 70 at night.......erm yer so hopefully the ent dehydrated lol..they dont seem it thx for the help :)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
you said u didnt think they were dehydrated cos they have been eating and pooing fine.. but its the drinking you have to watch.
our drago [beardie] looked VERY dodgy yesterday morning whne i got upl, his eyes were sunk and lacked a lot of colour, he generally wont accept water from a pippett or other methods often as it is but he looked a bit skanky so i told him the deal and he then let me give him like 30 mls of water, withing seconds he looked loads better.

anyway..point... sometimes all animals can get dehydrated without realising it and it doesnt mean u did anything wrong as such, are u entirly certain they are able to find thier water source easy enough?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yer im absolutly there water can be easily reached and i spray there hide all the time so ....they cant be dehydrated rly

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
if it has ace3ss to water and drinks it..its not dehydrated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts