Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ! I'm a newbie...
I have a little Leopard Gecko that I adopted from a friend, and when passed on i was given calcium passed on in a bag with no brand label or such on it...
I knew before hand some supplements are needed for my newly adopted buddy and i've heard a lot of peoples say that nutrobal multi vitimans and calypso calcium are what you need to keep my gecko happy in the way of supplements???
So what i'm having trouble with is finding these items online shopping and was wondering if it's because i'm not typing in the right names or what?
was just pondering if anyone can help...?
it may just be because i'm dippy ... but what exact words should i be looking up?

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
:welcomerfuk: All you need to do is dust the crickets or meal worms with Calcium & leave a small bowl in the viv for it as it will lick it from the bowl. Calcium can also be bought under the name of Limestone Flour aswell as Calcium Carbonate :2thumb:. Nutrobal is used for 2 days a week, usually at weekends :2thumb:. When i had my Leo's i used to buy the Calcium off ebay quite cheaply :2thumb:.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Vetark Nutrobal - Surrey Pet Supplies

Vetark Calci-dust 150gm | Pets at Home

Those are the two things you want : victory:

I did start off giving 5 days calci dust and 2 days nutrobol, but the D3 in the nutrobol helps the absorbtion of calcium. So no point in giving so much calcium when your hardly supplying any D3, so better to alternate the days. A lot of recognised keepers are also keeping the same regime. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks nsn and corny i'll look into those sites and thanks for the advice that's been a brilliant help to me x

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sorry to hijack things but I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if I'm doing the right thing?? I have a Leo who is eating like a good un putting on weight etc...at the moment I am dusting all her food with a calcium dust made by komodo it has added d3 in it...at the moment I am doing this everyday as she is approx 5 or 6 months old...am I doing the right thing or should I be using another product aswell ?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Sorry to hijack things but I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if I'm doing the right thing?? I have a Leo who is eating like a good un putting on weight etc...at the moment I am dusting all her food with a calcium dust made by komodo it has added d3 in it...at the moment I am doing this everyday as she is approx 5 or 6 months old...am I doing the right thing or should I be using another product aswell ?
Well to be honest I've never used that product before..lol. I've always been advised to use the products I listed above when I started out as they were known to be the best. Sorry I can't help anymore :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thank you for answering its the calcium powder I got with the viv and starter kit..its also the brand sold at the shop I got her from...I am just not sure if its enough or too much...it says to use everyday for juveniles and three times a week for adults...I just wondered if anyone had any experience with it?

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
I use Calcium with added D3 in on the livefood for my Cresties, only because their CGD has all the vitamins & nutrients they need in it :2thumb:. When i kept Leo's i used Calcium 5 days a week & Nutrobal 2 days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.