Reptile Forums banner
641 - 660 of 689 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Eggs were laid in 2015 despite the female not being paired that year. None hatched. The same happened in 2016. She has not been paired since : victory:

2,039 Posts
You must have me confused with someone else - although I would love a Diamond Python, I have not purchased any and have never kept this species.

Please ensure your facts are correct before naming me in a public forum.

Finally, the reason why I've posted on this thread after so much time. This is our recently added CB17 female.

From what I have uncovered so far, I am her 5th keeper!! So many keepers in such a short amount of time. If my detective work has paid off, this girl was bred by MoreliaUK and sold to CentralScotlandReptiles (then to 3 others!). I want to know her exact lineage for my own documentation and that's why I'm hunting MoreliaUK down. I need to know if she's a pure diamond. Can anyone help?:2thumb:

On a side note, I've tried some coco husk bedding and I'm not 100% sold on it yet. It's still quite damp, I'll wait a little longer and reserve my judgement for now.

Hey corallus uk, unfortunately that's contradictory to what I've been told by CentralScotlandReptiles who bought the snake from MoreliaUK. I've spoken to one half of CSR (as they've now split) and she was adamant the snake came from MoreliaUK :hmm:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Well that has thrown a spanner in the works :gasp:

Apologies CSR, my mistake. I shouldn't of assumed the couple who bought the diamond, which coincidentally was the same time you first posted on this thread, was you.

Any help from anyone? Or does anyone else want to muddy the water?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just for clarity if this 2017 female diamond had been bred by moreliauk you would have a certificate of origin for the snake if it was purchased directly from him.

It is a very nice looking snake and does resemble the Precision Line Gosford diamonds.

2,039 Posts
No worries, I have seen 1 or 2 animals offered with prices varying significantly - once an animal enters my collection, they rarely leave.

I will need to wait until next summer now and hope that I am able to produce some animals to sell before I can add another animal to my collection.

Well that has thrown a spanner in the works :gasp:

Apologies CSR, my mistake. I shouldn't of assumed the couple who bought the diamond, which coincidentally was the same time you first posted on this thread, was you.

Any help from anyone? Or does anyone else want to muddy the water?

Reactions: Cembo84

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
For anyone reading this wanting to dip their toes into the world of morelia spilota spilota, there also a couple of good podcasts to listen to. Whatever podcast platform you have available, search for the Morelia Python Radio episode with Greg Heim. Easy to find if you've never listened to a podcast, just Google it, it's free. Even though the episode is about 4 years old now it has lots of relevant useful information.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You can’t beat the pure natural beauty of a diamond a sorong gtp or even a grass snake. I have to admit though a 50/50 jungle diamond is generally gorgeous. I’m not at all experienced but I’ve sen some decidedly cack 75%diamind jungle crosses. Problem with diamond hybrids it seems to me is more that brumating a 75 or 88 diamond (believing it’s pure)will result in probs as the more dominant gene lives in a tropical rainforest not a southern extremity As far as visual goes I think diamonds are more responsible for a lot more jungle yellow than people think. The scale tipping is a hybrid thing possibly. Jungles (wild)are gold with big patches and fat stocky heads. Even dull diamonds seem to have defined rosettes and central scale colour not so much tipping. I had an acid yellow and Matt black 50/50 but as nice as it was it would never beat either a pure diamond or pure jungle.

641 - 660 of 689 Posts