Reptile Forums banner
681 - 689 of 689 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I’ve seen a handful. I’ve been several times to adder “hotspots” Near me and drew blank.was looking for worms drunk as a fart with father in law one Father’s Day to fish with kids picked up a pallet next to a canal in brambles on top of two foot piles of grass cuttings (grass snake written all over it) and a female the size of a rainbow boa slid off out of sight I would have loved to have had her lay and hatched her babies(would have released all after) this re ignited my snake love. Pic of me with gravid adder Cornwall and the best day of my young life 11 school trip to forsest of dean. I’d love to proper herp somewhere exotic. I do try to find something when away. I can remember all the Gecko’s skinks I’ve found. Horny toad in Vegas blue headed agamids in Kenya. Maybe I’ll indulge in something Froggy or snakey for my 50th. Few years to save up and decide where. Don’t suppose you’d post wild gosford pic??

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
http://www.jasonsteelwildlifephotography.yolasite.com/aesculapian-snakes.php
Worth a look if you haven’t already seen. I wonder if these are big because of abundance or rats as they grow up or just big parents from the zoo. There is a colony in Wales descended from a single gravid female that are dwarfed due to inbreeding. Or possibly life is harder up the mountain so they grow less as juveniles? If I ever go to London it’s to see a show a walk down regents canal seems to appeal far less to my wife than a walk around Covent Garden.
Weird

·
Registered
228 Posts
You just have to bear in mind if you catch any of the snakes along Regents Canal you would technically be committing an offence if you put it back!

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
You just have to bear in mind if you catch any of the snakes along Regents Canal you would technically be committing an offence if you put it back!
That's how I ended up with a pair. I was doing work experience at London Zoo. One day someone came up to the entrance with a snake they had found on the canal bank. It was an Aesculapian. The next day another one was brought in! As they couldn't be released, and of no interest to the zoo, they came home with me.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
I was about to comment that we have another 1st time troll opening and old thread..... and then I noticed who it was who had posted :)

Hope you are doing OK - good to see ya

681 - 689 of 689 Posts