Reptile Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 223 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Cheers James . How are your eggs doing ? Best of luck and Hope all goes well for you .
They are loosing a fair bit of size now as the snakes within are absorbing the last of the yolk. Not too long now hopefully. I just cannot get over the size difference between diamond and carpet eggs, about 1/3 smaller.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
They are loosing a fair bit of size now as the snakes within are absorbing the last of the yolk. Not too long now hopefully. I just cannot get over the size difference between diamond and carpet eggs, about 1/3 smaller.
All looking good then :2thumb: Not sure on size difference , cant remember the size of other carpets now . My diamond eggs are 2 " long by ! 3/4" if that's any help in comparison ?

Re UV lighting . All of my females seemed to loose their yellowish tinge after about 3 years and now are black/ white with or without exposure to UV lighting. One of the males has more creamy spots on each scale though . Probably worth checking the lineage of your snake . Personally though I use UV as it certainly brings out their colours and doesn't seem to harm them . Hope that's helpful.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
My female is under uv and she is more yellow in places than Anchor butter. My male however is not under uv and his yellows are just as pronounced.

221 - 223 of 223 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.