Reptile Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Shes more than likley just exploring a new environment, more importantly has she eaten at all

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
She needs to be separated from the male, and probably the other female too, she is tiny and needs feeding up and looking after well

Is the other female the same?

·
Viv Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok, just weighed her.

48.5 grams on my digi scales. Does that sound ok?

·
Viv Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
She needs to be separated from the male, and probably the other female too, she is tiny and needs feeding up and looking after well

Is the other female the same?

Yes, all 3 of them are same size. The pic was taken with my mobile but not sure if that would have any affect?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Its a lot bigger than it looks then so it may well be what it was sold as and could possibly be gravid or just going through the motions just doesnt look it in that pic

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
If you can pick her up and turn her over in light can you see any shapes of eggs in her abdomen?

·
Viv Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Shes more than likley just exploring a new environment, more importantly has she eaten at all
Yes she has eaten today but not sure how much. I saw her take at least 1 hopper but I haven't sat there studying so not sure if she's had more.

Oh bloody hell, I'm worrying now, lol

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
If shes eaten something thats good some dont eat for several weeks when they are moved :)

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Hmm I would still separate them as she really does look small and even if the weight loss is from laying eggs then she needs a break from the male to regain her weight and health

·
Viv Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If you can pick her up and turn her over in light can you see any shapes of eggs in her abdomen?
Just tried that. She certainly doesn't like being turned over, lol.

But as far as I can see, NO! can't see any egg shapes.

She's happy enough but returns to the same part of the Viv every time I move her

·
Viv Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
If shes eaten something thats good some dont eat for several weeks when they are moved :)
All 3 have eaten today. The lady who brought them also brought 2 boxes of hoppers and a box of mealworms for them. Most of each have gone now with just odd ones still hanging onto dear life, lol

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
perhaps shes just setting up a new toilet spot

·
Viv Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
She looks about 6 months old, she is tiny for 2 years old!!

This is my adult female....

here she is on my arm 1 minute ago. hope this gives a better idea of age/size/weight e.t.c.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Hmm she still looks small for her age, my Spyro (the female) is 2 years old this month

Make sure she gets lots to eat and her food is gutloaded well and just monitor her weight, if she drops any you may need to separate her, I personally would not breed a female that small, it takes alot of energy/fat reserves out of them

Very nice looking leo by the way :)

·
Viv Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Very nice looking leo by the way :)
lol, thanks.

breeding wasn't my intention as i only got them today.

i just got spooked because of what the lady said today about digging and then i saw her digging, lol.

probably nothing to worry about but i'll keep my eye on here.

thanks to everyone who helped with her.

i'll keep you posted

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
If you are keeping a male with them even if breeding is not your intention I can guarantee you it will happen, so if you do not want to breed it is best to separate them as its very unfair on the females, I bred my leos last year and I saw how much of an affect it had on the females, put me off for good

Good luck!

·
Viv Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
i have a few spare Vivs ( i build them, lol ) so i'll put the females to one side tomorrow.

new heat mats, lamps, food bowls e.t.c. lol

ooh, the expense of keeping gecko's ha ha ha

·
Viv Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
i only started about 3 weeks ago. i'm a kitchen/bedroom fitter really but decided to give Vivs a try.

just started a large display stack for a local pet shop tonight. will post some pics next week when finished.

thanks again for all help

21 - 39 of 39 Posts