Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have the problem that when they leave the house in the morning the temps in the tank are at 41F but when i come home they are at 35F!

its really frustrating and probably doing my beardie no good, why is this? is my thermostat shit and broke?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
my dimming stat works fine, does the temperature in the house alter drastically during the day? maybe if the house is much cooler in the evening the mat or heatlamp you are using isnt capable of raising the temperature adequately

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the radiator comes on in the morning but my room is only small and the heat isnt that sufficent to change it so much.

im just at a loss as to why because although he isnt cold and doesnt pancake but its still very low for a beardie .

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
when u come home and the temps are lower than desired is the stat on dim or full? if its on full then its prolly literally a case of your heating apliances being unable to heat the viv how you want it so no fault of the stat.

If however they are on dim, then either your sensor is off, OR the sensor is placed in a less than ideal place.

Or did you mean the dial is being turned down whilst ur out cos id blame that one on Casper. :)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
speedy123 said:
the radiator comes on in the morning but my room is only small and the heat isnt that sufficent to change it so much.

im just at a loss as to why because although he isnt cold and doesnt pancake but its still very low for a beardie .
If it is the stat.. why not take the bulb off the stat and leave it on?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
audinswfc said:
I was told that dimming stats tend to overcompensate which makes them actually heat at under what they are set to... Not that I have one or anything lol
yeh i kinda found that, resulting in a lower basking temp than ideal which is why i dont use stats when i can get away with it. [one bulb in large viv]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts