Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend my partner had family come down to stay in the local area (too many to stay with us), some have a serious phobia of snakes.
On the Friday night I returned home, checked on all my vivs before bed as I do, but having changed some of the set ups that morning I was especially cautious when checking temps etc.
You can imagine my horror when I realised my female ATB was nowhere to be seen in her viv, this being one of the ones I had adjusted earlier.
Now anyone who knows me and has seen me messing in the vivs, will realise, i have a very bad habit.....I forget to close viv doors! I was sure I hadn't this time, but she was still missing!
I then proceeded to move every viv and theres a few, stacked and arranged in the most awkward way possible!
Nothing! Snake is definitely AWOL...
Saturday comes, no sign anywhere, I am out for the day, get home search the house and the dining room where they reside...Still nothing!
Sunday morning they announce they are going to visit, the phobics are asking will the snakes be locked away? ''Of course they will!'' ;)
the visit goes without incident, and days later i'm still searching for her.
then last night, I look in the viv and there she is!
I had searched the viv, emptied it, put it all back still hadn't seen her.
The only thing I can think is she had gotten behind the background and ''hid'' Sulking!
The moral of the story, if you lose a snake make sure look everywhere! the one place I didn't check, because it would have meant removing the very precisely fitted background, or trying to balance a very heavy viv, with a water in the bottom was behind the background and it's the only place she could have been!

·
Registered
750 Posts
The moral of the story, if you lose a snake make sure look everywhere! the one place I didn't check, because it would have meant removing the very precisely fitted background, or trying to balance a very heavy viv, with a water in the bottom was behind the background and it's the only place she could have been!
Well, not that precisely fitted :)

Glad you got your ATB back safe and sound :2thumb:

Reactions: Llamekuf

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Normally i feel bad when a snake escapes, this one, i couldnt help but laugh when expecting this snake to turn up and scare someone!!
BUT glad hadnt really escaped in the first place:2thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts