Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I went to a well known aquatics shop in my area today ( don't know wether it is ok for me to name and shame) I was only there to get some sphagnum moss and food dish I wouldn't buy reptiles from there because of a bad experience with them but I thought I would have a look at their lizards as I was there whilest looking and feeling sorry for the lizards being kept on wrong substrate and in tiny enclosures I came across two small lizards it said on the tank they were sand lizards and one was on its back the other came over and bit It and I realised it was dead I told the girl at the counter she couldn't care less and said she would get the lizard guy she came back by herself and tossed it in the bin I was quite upset after seeing this especially as she acted like it was an everyday occurrence, DISGUSTING

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Hi all
I went to a well known aquatics shop in my area today ( don't know wether it is ok for me to name and shame) I was only there to get some sphagnum moss and food dish I wouldn't buy reptiles from there because of a bad experience with them but I thought I would have a look at their lizards as I was there whilest looking and feeling sorry for the lizards being kept on wrong substrate and in tiny enclosures I came across two small lizards it said on the tank they were sand lizards and one was on its back the other came over and bit It and I realised it was dead I told the girl at the counter she couldn't care less and said she would get the lizard guy she came back by herself and tossed it in the bin I was quite upset after seeing this especially as she acted like it was an everyday occurrence, DISGUSTING
Pm'ed: victory:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
For once i am speechless at her actions

·
Registered
381 Posts
you should report them to the RSPCA or something.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about reporting them but who to? RSPCA?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Its the local council they issue the license that allow them to sell and they can arrange an inspection and they will be closed down until they bring things up to spec or lose their license

1 - 7 of 7 Posts