Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
WOW THAT WAS SOME WICKED INFO, LOOKS LIKE I'LL BE MAKING MY OWN ONE SOMEDAY.....

CHEERS FOR SHARING THAT MATE :)

G

·
This is what i used to use and how to make it :D

Take a poly box of appropriete size and put in a heat mat to cover the base of it.Insrt a couple of poles into the box at about a third of the way up and then place a box on these poles.Fill the box to about two thirds with sphagnum moss or vermiculite(dampened) and put a thermometer in the box.Now all you need to do is adjust the stat untill you have the required temps.

Here are some pics of how i did ours

This is the outside of the box

This is the inside veiw with boxes

This is the base view with the poles and heatmat

I hope this helps for now.I have found that incubators can be expensive and hard to come by so i made 2 of these but will be getting a converted bottle fridge this year.

The total cost of making this was around £40

Now i use a converted bottle fridge

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is what i used to use and how to make it :D

Take a poly box of appropriete size and put in a heat mat to cover the base of it.Insrt a couple of poles into the box at about a third of the way up and then place a box on these poles.Fill the box to about two thirds with sphagnum moss or vermiculite(dampened) and put a thermometer in the box.Now all you need to do is adjust the stat untill you have the required temps.

Here are some pics of how i did ours

This is the outside of the box

This is the inside veiw with boxes

This is the base view with the poles and heatmat

I hope this helps for now.I have found that incubators can be expensive and hard to come by so i made 2 of these but will be getting a converted bottle fridge this year.

The total cost of making this was around £40

Now i use a converted bottle fridge

:2thumb:WICKED MATE THE FRIDGE JOB, GONNA TRY MESELF WHEN GET DECENT FRIDGE/GLASS DOOR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts