Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as the tittle states im making my own lid for my cresties viv. The original has warped with heat and the last few nights ive found a few crickets wandering round the bedroom. This is only temporary as wanting a larger viv soon. Ive got my self some wood that i had to cut n design to be able to hold the following...

I set about it last night and got it cut today after work sanded down have used white paint before i varnish it. Thought id upload now as the paint drys

Will put more pics of progress later :)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good with glass. Also doing this to help with humidity.

As for using correct lighting and cricket escapees... I will post a pic of the original lid. The exo terra dome i use was sat on the top before using the clamp and the heat source was obvious too close causing it to warp. Something that was unpredictable in my eyes

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Looks good with glass. Also doing this to help with humidity.

As for using correct lighting and cricket escapees... I will post a pic of the original lid. The exo terra dome i use was sat on the top before using the clamp and the heat source was obvious too close causing it to warp. Something that was unpredictable in my eyes
yes, it really doesn't take much heat if applied to the plastic for it to lose it's shape as I can see from your first pic lol.

have you made this to sit in or on the rim?

I like them large display thermometers, where'd you get em?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bit you have noticed isnt the worse part unfortunatly.

Yeh its goin to sit on the lip the original does and the thermometers were from ebay mate cant fault them in any way really.

These are similar....
http://bit.ly/12mI0x4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts