P. cambridgei no.4

P. irminia no.1

P. irminia no.2

Cyriocosmos perezmilesi no.1

Cyriocosmos perezmilesi no.2

·
Banned
11,446 Posts
They look very cool (non invert person and no idea what I'm looking at :whistling2:).

What do they eat when this small, pinheads or small baby roaches?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Hard to tell on the last 2 but the rest look fine. As long as they aren't too fat and the abdomen is roughly the size of the carapace or slightly larger then they should do well :)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
No way of telling from photo unless they curled up or obviously dead a sling can just die for no reason that's apparent its as random a question as do you think my nut sack has too many wrinkles

Reactions: kris74

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look very cool (non invert person and no idea what I'm looking at :whistling2:).

What do they eat when this small, pinheads or small baby roaches?
Good question, I've had most of mine for nearly a month and only fed some of them once on a turkistan(sp?) roach nymph:blush:

I'm really confused, I thought I fed the H. mac but the roach was still running round today, I had to take it out as well as take a few out of the others, the only ones that seem to have eaten are the P. pulcher and no.1 P. irminia

I don't get how they are still plump especially the H. mac:blush:

They do have springtails in with them and the odd tropical woodlouse

They wouldn't eat them would they?:blush:

Oh and if anyone wants any springtails or tropical woodlice for free just PM me because I'm over run with them in my crestie tank : victory:

·
Registered
224 Posts
the beasties look fine but it is hard to accurately say from the photos.

long as the environment matches thier recommendation and they have access to water and good food source then all should be well.

i feed my little ones beanweevils, i got 1000 waiting to surface so i need more slings to gobble them up...until the next culture hatch..

·
Registered
530 Posts
that's apparent its as random a question as do you think my nut sack has too many wrinkles
:gasp: Errrugh bad mind image alert bad mind image alert! :gasp:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Probs the best natural enclosures for slings I've seen. Nice to see people make the effort even I'd they are 2cm.
Given me some ideas :p

·
Premium Member
5 snakes, a fair few spiders, 2 elderly horses, a crazy collie and a cat.
2,007 Posts
Emmie, the slings from me were fed weekly on small small crickets. I just used to throw in about 3 or 4 and just keep an eye on what hadn't been eaten.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Emmie, the slings from me were fed weekly on small small crickets. I just used to throw in about 3 or 4 and just keep an eye on what hadn't been eaten.
I've tried crickets, locust and roach nymphs both live and dead with no interest from most

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Could be a sign of moult?
The P. pulcher molted the day I got it, the dwarf Ts have also molted around the same time so I waited a few days before offering them food but with no luck

I've had my H. mac a month and its never eaten anything I've gave it but it still looks plump...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts