Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have to grow right? Otherwise their eyes would be really really tiny... but how would their eyes grow? That doesn't make any sense to me, people eyes don't grow (but then again, most people aren't reptiles) :(

Someone go stick a ruler next to their snakes' faces, this is annoying me for some reason.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actuly human eyeballs do grow. It's a total myth That babys eyes are the same size as adults eyes. A baby's eyeball is considerably smaller than an adults (about 25% smaller). I'd imagine even more so with snakes. Think of an adult boas eye in a newborn boas head. They just would not fit. :lol2:

Human eye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oh
tanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actuly human eyeballs do grow. It's a total myth That babys eyes are the same size as adults eyes. A baby's eyeball is considerably smaller than an adults (about 25% smaller). I'd imagine even more so with snakes. Think of an adult boas eye in a newborn boas head. They just would not fit.

Human eye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I shall find who ever told me that myth and feed them to my corn snake
muwhahahahaa!

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
they have to be a minimum size at birth as they have a job to do straight away, snakes don't have mothers to coddle them while they develop after birth, but they sort of grow into them. iv often thought newborn corns have comically large eyes, but by adulthood everything is in proportion. : victory:

rgds
ed

They have to grow right? Otherwise their eyes would be really really tiny... but how would their eyes grow? That doesn't make any sense to me, people eyes don't grow (but then again, most people aren't reptiles) :(

Someone go stick a ruler next to their snakes' faces, this is annoying me for some reason.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It does seem as though his face and head have grown, while eyes stayed the same so I can understand someone coming to that conclusion :lol2:

december 2014

feb this year

today

1 - 6 of 6 Posts