Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got one out to defrost for my brb,i noticed it has all white blotches all over it and so do the others in the freezer,has any1 come across this,do you think i should bin them and get some new ones before feeding him

·
Registered
213 Posts
Freezer burn I reckon, will do no harm. Try not let them come in contact with the edge of the freezer in future, like, put them on top of your bag of peas where there not touching off any of the walls.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
optical illusion said:
Freezer burn I reckon, will do no harm. Try not let them come in contact with the edge of the freezer in future, like, put them on top of your bag of peas where there not touching off any of the walls.
they were all wrapped up in newspaper does that make a difference or not

·
Registered
213 Posts
Try a plastic or freezer bag the next time, one that prevent freezer burn.

The burn could easily come through the paper.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i have used them in the past but usuallly throw them just incase.. most of mine are bagged and then boxed too.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks mate

·
Registered
213 Posts
Moisture loss or ice crystals evaporating from the surface area of mice produce freezer burn. It's harmless, but can cause off-flavour, so if your snake refuses through them out.

If you can't afford to go throwing them out though :) it'll be fine. Try freezer bags the next time?

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
for th sake of a few pence its not worth taking the risk really.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cornmorphs said:
for th sake of a few pence its not worth taking the risk really.
now you tell me after ive fed it,lol,im gonna throw the rest away and buy fresh tomoz

·
Registered
213 Posts
He'll be fine, dont worry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts