Reptile Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would rely like to talk to somone who own a camel spider because im tihnking of getting one. thanks, Josh

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've seen one, and too be truefull it scared the s*** out of me, i was told to stamp me foot, so i did, and within seconds, it was up close to the glass, and waiting, it was mean, and nothing I would ever have.:sick:

He told me that after this one dies it will be his last, as there very unpredictable, in the fact that it will run towards you a soon as you open the tank to feed it, so you have to be very quick.

There very Fast (he said: they can out run a human), very aggressive, can run up glass quicker then my pokie, and have a very painfull bite, and the set ups for them need to be huge, 4 foot fish tank is min. I read that they only live for 1-5 months in captivity as in the wild there hunting ground is anywhere, so I've read that the set ups for them have to be big, in order to get them to live longer.

I very much doubt your'll find many that will keep this animal, and the ones that do, will only know the basics, because of the lack of knowledge in the speices.

good luck thou,

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
hate turantulars, but never had one so, never now, might love em, HAY shouldnt this be in spiders forum?

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Camel spiders are actually scorpions.

They only chase you if you provide shade and they are seriously rapid.

There are a few diff species that range in size but they ALL look scary.

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
I remember the first time someone sent me a photo of one of these, I thought it was something from a sci fi horror movie. Don't think I've ever seen one being sold though - didn't think anyone would ever want one!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Below is a good picture i think, shows the camel spider in its camel burrow lol
Doesnt look aggressive at the moment but if its like its owner jeees id stay well clear :lol2:

Reactions: darkdan99

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
how do you people keep spiders!? lol.. they freak the living crap out of me even when they are placid!

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Do these ones eat snakes??? :lol2:
thats just rude lol!
yet very funny
haha
those spiders look realy scary, i have spiders but thats just pushing it for me
lol im scared of spiders aswell if they are fast lol
jaz x

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
i don't have one but firstly experience with tarantulas and scorpions are a must must. they can run up to 15 mph so you wouldn't want to be chaised by it. They don't have a long lifespan either only about 18 months. Also are very agressive. Go on Exotic Pets - Amphibian, Reptile and Invert UK based exotic pet shop they will tell you a bit about camel spiders.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
yeh thing i heard something like that of steve irwin R.I.P Steve Irwin

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.