Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dose anyone have two basking spots when housing two beardies? if so do you put the two basking spots at the same end?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
dose anyone have two basking spots when housing two beardies? if so do you put the two basking spots at the same end?

Thanks in advance
I'm not sure about two basking spots but i think that so long as the surface area is wide enough to accommodate them both at the required temps you should be fine with just one...

Just thinking that two bulbs may make the overall temp a little too high?

Also don't forget you need a cool end and if you have the basking bulbs at either end they won't have that : victory:

·
Registered
524 Posts
exactly right above! u need a cool end and hot, 2 bulbs will proberly heat too much and probely quite confusing... yes is basking spot it big enough for 2 thats great!!: victory:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I use 2, tho it is in a 6ft viv. I have 1 smaller bulb on a stat to keep the temps right, and the larger 1 is on all the time. Both at the same end is better, just use smaller bulb and play with temps

·
Registered
355 Posts
I know of people who have basks at each end and the cool spot in the middle, but you need a really big viv to get enough of a gradient

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
I've used twin spots at one end before, and have tried using one either end with a regulated cool end in the middle in a 6' viv...

Generally using two spots in anything other than a room-sized cage won't help with any dominance issues - if one beardie in there decides it doesn't like the other, it doesn't matter if they're not on top of each other basking, there will still be trouble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts