Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just changed his water,spayed his moist hide and put moz some more meal worms in his dish and put a little pure calcium on them and i had a little bit on my hand and he grabed my finger with both hands and licked it off then went back to sleep it was so sweet.:no1: he seems to be taming very fast:no1:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
One of my dragons, Blossom, i caught her licking the nutrobal vitamins off of her bowl once. She was in it sticking her tongue out and just collecting it all. (btw , never had any problems with vits, so dont know if she thought she needed them or it tasted good, it does smell like banana. lol)

i took a pic at the time of her funny position.... lol it was when she was younger/smaller. (she's adult now)

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol2: it was sweet there tongue feels different than i thought Blossom is gorgeous:mf_dribble:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
:lol2: it was sweet there tounge feels different than i thought Blossom is gorgeous:mf_dribble:

thanks. yeh their tongues are icky and sticky! (beardies anyway)

here's another up to date one of Blossom for you, her brother is prettier though, ive got tons of pics of them all. ;)
she is a vittikins dragon though, and is adult at 16" now. (if tail tip was there)

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How cute:) what morph is she is she a fire?

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
i just changed his water,spayed his moist hide and put moz some more meal worms in his dish and put a little pure calcium on them and i had a little bit on my hand and he grabed my finger with both hands and licked it off then went back to sleep it was so sweet.:no1: he seems to be taming very fast:no1:

Yes mate all mine do it...... its called tasting you !

·
Registered
47 Posts
is there a reason as to why they lick you. if i handle my BD. she will crawl up my arm a few steps then lick my arm.

she randomly does this when crawling on me.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
How cute:) what morph is she is she a fire?

she's not a morph, she just has some blood in her. i said she's a vittikins, and you cant really get morphs of vittikins, they have all sorts in them.
She has Rankin dragon blood, bearded dragon blood, and god knows what morphs.
That is her all fired up though.
this is what she looks like when she's not fired up (alseep in my bed)

Here's Peanut her brother...

and Cornflake, her sister...(fired up)

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
she is VERY NICE !!!! m guna get a Bd soon as they have grown on me !!!!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:mf_dribble:they are well gorgeous i luv Peanut:no1: why do they taste you then?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
:mf_dribble:they are well gorgeous i luv Peanut:no1: why do they taste you then?

Taste is like smell for lizards. Its a way of recognising things, they'll taste all objects to see if it's edible or not, thats usually the reason.
They'll taste other beardies for contact and re-assurance me thinks.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks moz can lick me anytime:lol2: it was so sweet:no1:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
unfortunatly, i have eggs from Peanut and Cornflake cooking.

explanation:
There was no reaction from Peanut when he saw the rankins one time when he'd usually head bob.
So i thought maybe since it was cooler weather he was'nt interested, so i thought maybe i could house him with his sisters for the winter, but should test it first.
I held him infront of the viv and nothing, he was'nt bothered about them, he usually goes mental and ive had scratches from him trying to get to them. lol
so i placed him inside....2 hours later still nothing, they just all acted normal. they were basking and i needed a drink...when i got back Cornflake and peanut were walking away from each other. :-x
i was TWO seconds! not enough for a mating!

2-3 weeks later she laid one clutch and has only layed one clutch (so no more).
24 eggs, i could'nt hatch them all so i destroyed 12 and left 12 so i knew i could manage them.

this is a warning to anyone, they can breed in a flash! lol (lucky their parents are totally unrelated)

i am selling the hatchlings, who i hope will look like mum, dad and Aunty Blossom.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yep my BD licks me, normally when I first get him out, or if he walks to a different 'bit' of me... He licks every thing though, in his viv, if he's on the floor...

I think he's just having a sniff round, but I like to think he's giving me a kiss XD

1 - 18 of 18 Posts