Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... Past 4-5 days theres been a dog ( About 8 years old) Dont Know Breed looks like a X But The thing Is its Peeing it down and cold and its just in the park, and if he rspca collect it it will have 5 days or it will be put down :( Well should i bring it home??? My Mum and dad are at the hospital with sis and wonder if i should What do you guys think

Cheers chris

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
Have you approached the dog ?

is the dog friendly as thing is if the dog is used to the street life you could scare it trying to take him in

its difficult to say yes bring him in as he could have temprement problems and if your own your own then your beggered if he decides to turn on you

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you approached the dog ?

is the dog friendly as thing is if the dog is used to the street life you could scare it trying to take him in

its difficult to say yes bring him in as he could have temprement problems and if your own your own then your beggered if he decides to turn on you
He's approached me a couple of times.

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
but its different him approaching you

if you was to go at him and grab him you may scare him which would then lead to him maybe biting you

if your going to approach him and try and get him inside i strongly advice you have an adult with you just incase

also do you have a secure garden you could put him in before taking him into the house so you can observe his behaviour in the garden first

·
Pets are a luxury!!!
28,359 Posts
I would ring the local dog warden just in case an owner is looking for it. I cant bare to see stray animals its so sad:sad: When I was a kid I used to take all the waifs and strays home but they always ended up in the RSPCA as my parents only let me have 1 dog as a pet. Needless to say I used to try and stash them.Mice in the garage, Pigeons in the shed and a big smelly Tom cat that I built a house for and who loved me as much as I loved him. I think this is why I am like I am now. Have you mentioned this dog to your parents? Have you given it any food?(If its friendly its likely to follow you home) Try Googling dog rescues in your area and get an adult to ring them up for you and see if they will come and have a look at the dog in the park. Im SOOO worried now poor dog.:cry:

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
If i could drive i would have come over an helped ya out

but i blooming cant i know there would a be reason some day that i would regret not learning to drive :bash:

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well just went to park and he isnt there, I Bet chavs will have messed with it , will have a look tonight tough

Thanks for your help

Chris

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
okies hun he may have found a dry place to keep warm maybe try taking some food with you when you go back : victory:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
where in cas are ya? pm me if ya like, my dad lives over there if your nearby i could ask them to have a look later?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I think the dog would be best off put to sleep rather than chav's getting hold of it and hurting it, could be somewhere in that park really injured by now. If you really care for animals you would seek help for this poor soul and get the dog out of that situation.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
personally i think taking it to a rescue shelter would be better than putting i to sleep surely?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Good look at finding it. A friend of mine bought a dog that had previously been owned by chavs, they were putting cigs out on it and burning it, so hope they haven't got it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Oh must be them darn chavs again! what a great scapegoat.
I'd ask your parents if you're allowed to take it in because if you do with out their permission theyll just call the RSPCA and get it taken away probably (mine would :p lol)

I think you should take Shells advice really and see if theres any rescues near you.

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
I think the dog would be best off put to sleep rather than chav's getting hold of it and hurting it, could be somewhere in that park really injured by now. If you really care for animals you would seek help for this poor soul and get the dog out of that situation.
dont forget the O/P is only 13 bit harsh that aint it ?

Im sure he will have taken the advice that shell as given him

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
we have 3 rescue dogs, but where we live lots of people let their dogs roam round. they would seem as if they are strays (no collar, hanging around rubbish etc) but they do have a home, just their owners think its more natural for the dogs to be out and about (i didnt know what to say when one owner told me that). i have to resist the urge not to let them sleep in my house when its blowing a gale and windy as hell. it's possible it belongs to someone, and it may have escaped, or it may have been dumped. thing is, dogs are unpredictable and i'd wait til your parents or another adult are around to help. you wouldn't want to get bitten.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
dont forget the O/P is only 13 bit harsh that aint it ?

Im sure he will have taken the advice that shell as given him
Dont think my post was harsh at all, just the plain truth what i think about this dog's situation. The person that posted this has already stated that he think's the chave's may have got a hold of the dog and messed with it, now that's not fair to leave the dog in that situation is it. The R.S.P.C.A. cannot and wont put the dog to sleep at the end of 5 days, as this person belives, they must keep the animal for 7 days at least then an assessment will be made of its nature and its fate will be decided then, but sadly at around 8 years old its chancses of finding a home are very slim no matter what rescue takes it in, people dont want older dog's. One thing I would never have told a kid to take some food and feed a strange dog, as you have, that to me is pure stupidity to put a kids life in danger like that, its a stray dog for god sake, so caution must be taken when approaching a strange animal, dont you think.

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
Dont think my post was harsh at all, just the plain truth what i think about this dog's situation. The person that posted this has already stated that he think's the chave's may have got a hold of the dog and messed with it, now that's not fair to leave the dog in that situation is it. The R.S.P.C.A. cannot and wont put the dog to sleep at the end of 5 days, as this person belives, they must keep the animal for 7 days at least then an assessment will be made of its nature and its fate will be decided then, but sadly at around 8 years old its chancses of finding a home are very slim no matter what rescue takes it in, people dont want older dog's. One thing I would never have told a kid to take some food and feed a strange dog, as you have, that to me is pure stupidity to put a kids life in danger like that, its a stray dog for god sake, so caution must be taken when approaching a strange animal, dont you think.

Oi just get off your moral high horse read my other posts did i not tell him not to go alone hey?????

The only way he was gonna know if the dog was still there if hiding was to take something to lure it out

this is a 13 year old kid that your talking about

i wasnt insulting in what i said to you i just stated it was a bit harsh what you said to a kid

if your gonna get insulting i suggest you go suck on an egg an calm down before you repost

1 - 20 of 31 Posts