Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From last months cleaning and snappings..

Boiga cyanea
male

Female in pre-lay shed for her second clutch this year

Some of the eggs from first clutch started to swell and burst due to excess water. Still look 'OK'.. Will see what happens

Random subadult Boiga blandingii male

The Boiga cynodon lesbians do everything together

Male chilling

Some of their kids..

Big, old, scruffy male Boiga dendrophila dendrophila needed a soak

Some Boiga irregularis males and females eating and sleeping

more coming..

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Great pictures, how do you find the mangroves temperament handling wise?

Reactions: stark

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more photos

Dainty the caramel Boiga dendrophila dendrophila always hiding

Boiga dendrophila melanota female; Big momma - gravid again and taking in the heat. Sadly it will probably be an infertile clutch..

The striped monster watches on

Their last 2 kids

Big male Boiga dendrophila melanota

They keep my heart beating and my wallet empty!
Enjoy :thumb:

Tom

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great pictures, how do you find the mangroves temperament handling wise?
I very rarely handle the adults unless I have to clean, move or closely inspect them. I usually leave them in their hides and move those with them for standard maintenance. They expect to be left alone so I respect that.

A healthy mangrove is more unpredictable than an unhealthy one. They have interesting characters and personalities and all are definitely individuals.
They can vary from completely unpredictable to extremely confident and calm.. sometimes this is within one individual!
A hook or 2 is very useful.

Sassiest snakes out there :no1:

Tom

·
Registered
805 Posts
What a grump! That's a shockingly fast turn and strike. :gasp:

Reactions: stark

·
Registered
805 Posts
Too cute! :blush: Do they genuinely seem to 'enjoy' each other's company (in so far as it's possible to determine that), and are there times when they quite obviously don't?

Also, is it common to find boiga co-habiting comfortably or is it a rarity?

I'm finding the family more and more fascinating, though their natural body-type seems terrifyingly thin to my python-accustomed eyes.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Too cute! :blush: Do they genuinely seem to 'enjoy' each other's company (in so far as it's possible to determine that), and are there times when they quite obviously don't?

Also, is it common to find boiga co-habiting comfortably or is it a rarity?

I'm finding the family more and more fascinating, though their natural body-type seems terrifyingly thin to my python-accustomed eyes.
Most of my boiga will hang out when housed together, but often this is the male keeping the lady close.

Honestly, these 2 are rarely not touching each other.. and they have a big viv.
All couples have their days when they dont want to see one another, but they are usually hanging out again by night time.
It is particularly cute when they meet faces while night cruising.. very slow head tilt and then tasting of each other before carrying on. Almost as if to say 'Hows your night so far?'
I find them completely adorable too :blush:

From today..

The male was in a very foul mood today.. Never seen him this mad - really didnt want a mouse!
The range on his strikes was actually terrifying at times!

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.