Reptile Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone had their own lil recipes for doggy ice lollys?

our dogs are sooo hot the poor things, even laying infront of the air cooler! i let them have an ice cube each and they loved it!:2thumb: so i was wondering if anyone had any "yummy" recipies for home made doggy lollies!

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
I cooked Bean some liver and chopped it up little, then filled her kong with paste with liver bits in it and she was chuffed! If i give her ice cubes she just plays with them :lol2:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe, i wasnt too sure if the dogs would eat the ice or just let it melt everywhere, but it was gone before it had chance to leave any kind of puddle!! our dogs get bored with their kongs after about 2 mins!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehehe, ooh ill have to see if i can dig out the video of my pup and sisters dog in the snow. they run around in circles scooping it up on their noses then eat it. awh dogs really do make life sooo much better hehehe

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Frozen chicken portion = happy Rosie! Tonight she's munching on a frozen chunk of cow heart and her tail is wagging!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone so far for your ideas! i have read a few places bout frozen stock and things hehe. alot of the things i have found online involve chopped liver.. it doesnt bother me but my sister cant go near it makes her physcially sick (she is a veggie altho can handle MOST meat things) i just want to make the doggys something nicer than ice cubes hehe

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
Mine love ice cubes and ice lolly's, frozen carrots go down well too ;).

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone had their own lil recipes for doggy ice lollys?

our dogs are sooo hot the poor things, even laying infront of the air cooler! i let them have an ice cube each and they loved it!:2thumb: so i was wondering if anyone had any "yummy" recipies for home made doggy lollies!
Just freeze fresh beef bones. It's all I do and they can slurp about on them without actually ingesting frozen matter.

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
you could dissolve some gravy granules into some water , make it fairly weak and freeze it then you have a flavoured ice lolly :D try to keep it as weak as possible tho as gravy mictures can be high in salt :D
please don't give your dog gravy granules. They are too laden with salt and other nasty things. Read labels.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just freeze fresh beef bones. It's all I do and they can slurp about on them without actually ingesting frozen matter.
dad wont let us give the dogs any solid bones, he moans that 1) "they will splinter" 2) "they make too much noise when they fall on the floor" and 3) "they are too messy"...

i think in those 3 quotes sum my dad up pretty well... GRUMPY :devil:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
i give my dogs bones but my brother in law wont allow his dogs bones either :s
i always say to my sister what does he think the dog would chose to eat? tinned meat or fresh meaty bones

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i give my dogs bones but my brother in law wont allow his dogs bones either :s
i always say to my sister what does he think the dog would chose to eat? tinned meat or fresh meaty bones
i actually gave up arguing with dad about bones... he wont back down :censor:
he has caused alot of problems when it comes to the dogs, be it treats, training etc... i honestly think he just purposly tries to be as awkward as possible :( he says 1 thing then when it comes to it he totally changes his mind! i soo wish house prices wernt as damn high as they are! :devil:

sorry rant over :whistling2:

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
1) "they will splinter"
they wont, unless you cook them, you cook them then they will... RAW diet

2) "they make too much noise when they fall on the floor"
if its a big problem feed outside?

and 3) "they are too messy"...
again if its a problem feed outside?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
mine have always had them and they love it, but whenever the butcher has put the odd pigs foot or tail they are disgusted and wont touch them, lol

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just spoke to parents about it and told them the dogs can be fed outside and the following is bacially the convo between us...

mum: "NO i am NOT having bloody meat everywhere"

me: "you feed them outside"

dad: "yea and then they bring it in"

me: "no you dont let them bring it in"

(in fear that i actually had a good point...)

mum and dad: " then you have smelly rotten meat everywhere outside and it will STINK"

me: "you dont let it get to that point, the idea is the dog eats it!"

mum and dad: "it will attract flies its disgusting NO"

... see what i mean... i just cant win :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts