Reptile Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen on Facebook that the APA have apparently succeeded in getting Donny cancelled :gasp:. It is all over their Facebook page..... Animal Protection Agency | Facebook Just wanted to know if anyone knew anything as you know what these anti's are like :devil:.

·
Registered
775 Posts
You are joking if they let them win this time there will never be any shows! Hope this is not going to be the case!

Reactions: jav07

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hadn't seen anything on here which is why i was asking. Because Donny is run by the IHS i doubt it will be cancelled, just the APA trying to make out they have won another battle :bash:.

·
Banned
1,151 Posts
I hadn't seen anything on here which is why i was asking. Because Donny is run by the IHS i doubt it will be cancelled, just the APA trying to make out they have won another battle :bash:.
If this is the case the APA is beyond contempt. There should be severe legal/financial consequences to this kind of behaviour.

catch and release

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
The APA are so full of sh!t it's impossible to believe anything they say...if only the general public were aware of how sketchy their proclamations are. Unfortunately I know that even some of my fellow third year BSc students still lap it up...if those educated in the field can't see through the crap how does the general public stand a chance?

I sincerely hope it carries on as planned.

·
Registered
714 Posts
The APA facebook group didn't say it had been cancelled, it states that there is an agreement for no animals to be sold.
As good as destroys the show though, doesn't it! 90% of the people going will be going either having put a deposit down on something or hoping to pick something up when they are there. It doesn't look like it is being cancelled completely though, you are right.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So no animals can be sold but can be exhibited? But what about the conditions been "tantamout to animal abuse? " durrr they are still gonna be in the same conditions but just with no money passing hands!!!! They havent thought this through have they?

Beth xxx

·
Registered
775 Posts
Let's hope we here the truth soon! I'm sure it will happen sooner or later as the do gooders always get there own way in the end!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
I did worry this would happen. i will be absolutley :censor: fuming if they get this show cancelled! do they have nothing better to do with there lives?? let us enjoy our hobby :devil:
I don't understand the whole 'it's fine to exibit the animals but not sell them' so are they saying selling animals is the cruel part?? pfft!
:whip:

Reactions: bethybutter

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Please do not listen to anything the APA have said.

I cant say much (as I dont know a great deal) but investigations are underway, and if anything needs saying, it will be said ASAP.

Please leave this for the IHS/FBH to announce officially.

Regards,

Tarron

·
Banned
1,151 Posts
Its true

Just spoke with Doncaster Council and it is true they have confirmed to me that it will be illegal to sell ANY animals at the show or in the car park. They would not give any detail as to why. Dont know what position that leaves the organisers in as most people who booked space would have done so with the specific intention of selling.

catch and release

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Please do not listen to anything the APA have said.

I cant say much (as I dont know a great deal) but investigations are underway, and if anything needs saying, it will be said ASAP.

Please leave this for the IHS/FBH to announce officially.

Regards,

Tarron
:2thumb:Thanks for cooling my temper down lol.
and breatheeeee

Reactions: stroodsue

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Just spoke with Doncaster Council and it is true they have confirmed to me that it will be illegal to sell ANY animals at the show or in the car park. They would not give any detail as to why. Dont know what position that leaves the organisers in as most people who booked space would have done so with the specific intention of selling.

catch and release
that is worrying, but as I say, the IHS/FBH are doing their thing. Chris is going to keep me informed as much as he can, but I dont want to say too much for obvious reasons. Hopefully, we will hear soon. The whole reason I'm going is to buy something! lol

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
that is worrying, but as I say, the IHS/FBH are doing their thing. Chris is going to keep me informed as much as he can, but I dont want to say too much for obvious reasons. Hopefully, we will hear soon. The whole reason I'm going is to buy something! lol
:lol2:
It makes me laugh how they really think this is going to stop people from buying/selling, ok maybe not directly at the show/event but...
There are ways round it ;)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
My snake is already paid for so im just picking it up...lol

It dont say nothing about pick ups lol

Numpties:lol2:

1 - 20 of 151 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.