Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i was woundering if anyone no a good site on making your own viv for a cornsnake or just some advice ty

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
ask ianyork. If you look at the thread of his talking about his viv he just built, i think he might be someone to talk to! :p

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
yes.. But he might be able to help with what ever questions you've got ;) lol...
i've started building one for my snakes. Went to wickes bought two boards of conti board, cut the sizes, and screwed them together with some brackets, now gotta get glass etc.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I've built 4 vivs now, ranging from 36 inches by 21 inches to 6 foot by 3 foot, best advice i think would be make a good set of plans and stick to them.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I made two vivs myself a few weeks ago, 4ft ones. Theyre not difficult to do at all, I had all the wood cut at B&q for me and it was just a case of screwing it all together. Just make sure you work out how loare each piece has to be before you ask for the cuts! Check, check and check again!
I am seriously DIY inept so if I can do it anyone can!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi im just woundering if i can use a peice of furniture to convert into a viv if not wats best way to go about making one from scratch is it cheaper to make one or buy one if i was to make one i would want 1 on top of the other there for corn snakes ty

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
definatley cheaper to make your own, especially if you want it big or a funny shape, you can convert furniture but be careful as some furniture manufacturers use cedar to repel bugs.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok ty 4 telling me that bit i guess if i was gonner use furniture it be mdf kinder stuff would that have it and also what size would i need for a corn snake

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ty trice ive just noticed you only been on since 04 Oct 2006 and
Posts: 1593 already lol wow how can u type so much lol if that size wont be to bad then as wont take to much of my room up lol

·
Registered
968 Posts
im glad you made this post as my partner just
Bought a bosc monitor :p and we dont have the money to buy
a viv so he said he wil build one.. good luck to him i say... :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
xXmoXx said:
ty trice ive just noticed you only been on since 04 Oct 2006 and
Posts: 1593 already lol wow how can u type so much lol if that size wont be to bad then as wont take to much of my room up lol
Lol. I have been a bit busy to post these past few days, but i had nothing to do when i joined, so posted alot. :D Going to try to get up to 100 posts per day sometime soon Go me :D

But yeah, those sizes should be fine, i think thats what people have suggested before.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol go trice go trice lol my husband moans at me 4 spending to much time on here lol told him need some one sensible to talk to or i go mad lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think our trice might be a candidate for a little RSI when he gets older.

LOL

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i wish i was 20 again feels like years anda years ago lol no actuly the scary thing is it feels like yesterday realy but it aint hahahahahahah

1 - 20 of 24 Posts