Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was just woundering if enybody has any tortoise tables and/or
equiptment that they are willing to give away for free and pay the postage. if enyone dose have enything please do email me on [email protected]. for the address of were to send it to ect.

the table will be for two 3 year old hermans tortoises.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Have you tried making one out of a drawer or a bookshelf unit led on its back with a uv and heat lamp attached? I dont have tortoises but ive seen photos of other people who have done this and its looks pretty good. :)

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
yeah and some people use the large rabbit cages you get and the large plastic tubs aswell

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah, its one thing asking for free stuff but to expect the person to be out of pocket to send it to you also is well, quite frankly, a bit cheeky! :shock: :p

If you are a rescue then fine, in which case you might want to clearly state this. It may help your cause.

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
If you are genuine you have not really put across your case for freebies, so it must be a joke :lol: :lol:

Anyone got any vivs they want to send me maybe a free snake or two :D

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Tbh i find that quite rude, asking people to pay the postage. If you can not afford to pay for housing for your tortoises then you simply shouldn't have them. It is like people on some classifieds asking for parrots cheap or free, them people really fuk me off, if they can't affford the pet then they shouldn't get it. If the can't afford the housing they shouldn't get it, because if you can't afford the animal or housing how are you going to be able to afford food and vet bills (vet bills can be very expensive) etc.
I mean i may be wrong in what i think but that is my opinion.
And if you happen to be a rescue then i apologise but if not then the above stands !

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
I don't have holidays, all my money goes on the kids and pets. If I want something new then I have to sell something first. Thats how I work it.
Does seem really cheeky considering postage would most likely be £20-£30. Would you like a new widescreen tv while your at it?

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Does anyone have any spare cash going for free :lol: , you know, fivers and that :lol: ...coins are good too :wink: , although I wont take shit change(coppers)...T.T. 8)

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOO Free money I'll have some of that! OOOOOOOOOO and I could do with a new PC aswell if anyone has one going spare, and maybe a laptop, you know for when I'm out of the house. :lol:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
me too I'll take all your unwanted tvs and pcs and give 'em a good home,

Sorry bit mean anyway

·
Registered
352 Posts
No mate, only asking would have just been the request for a free table.

Asking the kind person to also pay the postage to send it to you was taking the pee!

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Terrific tortoise said:
Does anyone have any spare cash going for free :lol: , you know, fivers and that :lol: ...coins are good too :wink: , although I wont take shit change(coppers)...T.T. 8)
can i have those then?? they say every penny helps, and ui need to fill my copper jars up :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
rach1980 said:
Terrific tortoise said:
can i have those then?? they say every penny helps, and ui need to fill my copper jars up :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have some 5p off baked beans vouchers you can have :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
If you buy a cheap book case for about £20 you could make one of those. Use a saw and cut the shelf parts up to make a house part. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.