Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, this morning he was neutered picked him up at 4 this afternoon..

All seemed sucha good idea but man i feel so guilty now he is yelping and feeling sorry for himself i feel like such a bad mummy lol

I know it's the best for the future, we never had an issue with the female dogs it was males, he used to try hump male dogs so it was about time he was neutered.

So is it normal for him to be yelping so much?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Aw what breed is he?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Could it be his pain relief?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I don't really have any useful input, but my cat was neutered today too, I too feel very sorry for him, but he is acting like nothing happened atm.

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
:lol2: That's cos cats is well hard! :lol2:

Seriously though, cats are renowned for compensating very quickly, which is why it is harder to diagnose a problem with a cat compared to a dog.

My GSD had a lot more to lose than your little JR and he didn't whinge, so I'm sure he'll be fine, but it would help if the vet did give him some pain relief to help him through the first day.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I was lucky my JRT was drowsy from te anaesthic and slept all night, but then he woke up at midnight and wanted to play

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They gave him pre pain relief before his opp and some before he came home, they didnt give me any more than that.

This collar though has been took off 3 times now, he kepps pawing it off XD
Ive properly secured it now so far it hasn't come off since that.

He is now not as giddy and lay down whining next to me.

I just think he is feeling sorry for himself knowing his manhood been taken lol

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
i'd imagine he's just feeling sorry for himself, out the boys i've had neutered and the girls i've had spayed i've found the boys to be huge drama queens, my three male dogs were in a major slump after coming home from the vets, followed me around like a bad smell and whined if i left them for the first night. The bitch i had spayed was sleepy from the anaesthetic but still wanted to jump around and play!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts