Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know as I write this it is probably a ridiculous suggestion, but I only have one snake, and I am about to get another.

are snakes living together like women living together?

You know how women who live together eventually have their 'bad week' at the same time, well do snakes living together (not in the same viv) eventually shed around the same time?

I always feel sorry for them during shed, must be like a woman's bad week in a way, the feeling like crap bit for a few days.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
They have less shoes :D

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
you are perfectly correct in thinking that this will happen,however i have only noticed it once my collection numbered over fifty,a pheromone thing i guess
regards gaz

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
bad week? i wish thats all it was lol, seems to be bad lifetime

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Two of my snake live in tubs next to each other. Are a year apart age wise but around the same time. And last week they shed on the exact same day.

I only have one other snake.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
My two royals live next to each other in tubs too and they shed together this week. All my other hatchlings bar one always shed at the same time. :lol:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
skimpy said:
well do snakes living together (not in the same viv) eventually shed around the same time?
:lol:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
if they dont co-ordinate i feel sorry for breeder's snakes. Poor males getting all that abuse all the time.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Funny you mention that, I've got 7 snakes and they are all in separate viv's, and they normally shed at the same time.

Don't know why it happens though :roll:

G

·
some of mine shed at the same times but i think it is just coincidence in all honesty as i now have 24 so they have to shed around the same time really dont they.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts