Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im struggling to come up with a successful method of dusting my crickets. I dont open the cricket tub when feeding i just open one corner and plop the tweezers in but i cant seem to get a method right for dusting them.

Ive tried putting them in a sandwhich bag, then dusting but that doesnt work well to be honest.

Reason i dont open the cricket lid totally is because i dont want loads of crickets running around everywhere because i can guarentee excapies.

So does anyone have any tips or advice?

Cheers.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I put mine in a small tub with a lid on it, add some suppliments put lid on and shake, my bd likes it like 007, shaken, not stirred. Sorry!

·
Registered
85 Posts
i use the lee's kricket keeper:

i find it a brill way to keep my crix.

Its easy t put crix in, you don't need to worry bout them hoppin out as the top lid opens securly. Best of all, the crix hide in the plastic tubes so all i do is slide the tubes out put a little supplement in the tube, shake it about and then shake the tube in with my chameleon. Job done, couldn't be easier, no fiddly catching with tweasers no mess with the powder, just quick and simple!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Put the cricket in the fridge for at least one hour, this will send them to sleep and you pick out as many as you want. We then put them into small pots with the calcium etc.

We actually bought a small portable fridge to use, one of the ones that can hold about 4 cans of coke.

it's a lot easier to dust them when their asleep and can't escape.

·
Registered
391 Posts
well dusting crickets is a lot easier than tryin to dust locusts :lol:

but i used to put the dust on a small spoon and "chuck" it in the tub then shake it. that way they got covered. The spoon is much easier to get in a very small gap.

escaped crickets are easier to get that escaped locusts as the damn things jump!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
For crix I put them in a tall beaker and sprinkle them with either nutrabol or calypso depending on which feeding day it is. Then shake them about a bit to cover them.

With larger hoppers I just dip their bum in the supplement and put in viv. :lol: With smaller ones just do the same as with crix!

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
with my crix i just dust them in a small tub

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I use a food bag, open a corner of the crix tub, tip them in the bag, and tip the bag contents into a little bowl IN THE VIV. When the crix have all jumped out i remove the bowl, so there isnt a pile of dust in the viv

1 - 8 of 8 Posts