Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A mate of mine feeds his Western every 7 days, personally I think thats a bit too often as it doesn't move much at all, it started me wondering, how often should hots be fed, is it the same as 'normal' snakes?

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
A mate of mine feeds his Western every 7 days, personally I think thats a bit too often as it doesn't move much at all, it started me wondering, how often should hots be fed, is it the same as 'normal' snakes?

i would of said like you say with westerns (ect) they do not move as much so personally i wouldnt feed them as often to be honest

imo i would feed nearly every dwa snake once every 14 days give or take a day as as ive said befor snakes are not meant to eat a perfect sized meal every 5-7 days in the wild they might only get food every 2-4 weeks we are making snakes fat in captivity imo as its the same as humans you feed us and give us no exercise we get fat and unhealthy its the same as snakes

luke

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would of said like you say with westerns (ect) they do not move as much so personally i wouldnt feed them as often to be honest

imo i would feed nearly every dwa snake once every 14 days give or take a day as as ive said befor snakes are not meant to eat a perfect sized meal every 5-7 days in the wild they might only get food every 2-4 weeks we are making snakes fat in captivity imo as its the same as humans you feed us and give us no exercise we get fat and unhealthy its the same as snakes

luke
Personally I'd feed things like westerns, gabbys/rhinos etc once every 3 weeks or so, but then has their been any links with hunger>increased aggression like with some species of 'normal' snakes?

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
I feed my western every 7-10 days as an adult though it will be every 3-4 weeks, copperhead every 14 days or so, ammodytes viper is every 5 days at the moment, but shes tiny and needs to put on weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts