Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there can anyone offer some advice on applying for a DWA as i am THINKING i repeat THINKING of POSSIBLY getting a caiman in the future :D

any comments welcome but help is what im really after,
thankyou...

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
i assume you mean a dwarf caiman :wink: I got the ok many years ago but changed my mind because of enclosure size

It varies from council to council. If i lived 3 miles closer to town(i live in a village)i would have come under a different council and most likely been refused. I rang up and had a chat to the officer involved(who was a reptile guy himself) and he went through everything with me

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah a dwarf would be better but are thay expensive? its anoying as i can find care infomation but no prices or DWA info... :?

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Gaboon said:
yeah a dwarf would be better but are thay expensive? its anoying as i can find care infomation but no prices or DWA info... :?
I was going to rehome one. i wouldn't know where to look for one now. For your dwa info phone your local council and chat to them there, they should tell you everything you should need etc

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
You can pick up a spectacled for £30, the requirements vary wildly so your best bet is to ring your local council and have a chat with them.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yeh they are not expensive at all

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
yes but spectlated get BIG 2-2.5m and i have never seen one that cheap would love to know we could get them that cheap...

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
boshogg said:
yes but spectlated get BIG 2-2.5m and i have never seen one that cheap would love to know we could get them that cheap...
You get a DWA and i'll get you a C.crocodilius for £30 :D

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
reticulatus said:
boshogg said:
You get a DWA and i'll get you a C.crocodilius for £30 :D
what about a Paleosuchus palepebrosus? :D

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah ok well i reckon the specticled caiman is a bit big though :) whats reason for the price diffarence?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
awww its so cute! i want one. my boyfriend only wants me to buy things big enough to be able to eat me or at least parts of me. think he's trying to tell me something.

the bigger i tell him something gets, the more excited he gets. he got super excited at the caimen suggestion lol

·
Registered
7,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well ill try to get the DWA anyway and go from there...

cheers everyone for your help and reticulatus i may be in touch about a dwarf if thats ok? not for some time though :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ive kept both! apart from the size difference. Dwarf caimen are generally more skitty and aggressive hiding away during the day and venturing out at nite. Specky's are generally calmer and easier to handle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not really they will both have the same general requirements as juv just that ultimatley your enclosure will need to be bigger! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts