Reptile Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here who keeps DWA. Esp. Cobras or caimans.

Just wondering. What are they like to keep.

I am looking at getting a DWA licence, and if i do, possibly some variety or Cobra or caiman.

Obviously i need the security, insurance, experience etc. Just floating some ideas around until 1) im old enough 2)experienced enough 3)can afford it.

No care tips or anything needed. Just wanted to know general feelings of DWA owners.

Cheers

ps no rush to answer or warn me. Im not rushing out to spend money or anything

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I dont own any licenced animals but i did get to hold a dwarf caimen in my local pet shop.

It was not much more than a foot long i dont think and already had some force behind it...i'd have bet if he got a hold of my finger he could have taken it clean off!!

Was considering getting something similar myself but after handling that little snapper and even at such a small size i decided i was no-where near experienced enough.

Something even as small as a dward caimen really needs a small room size enclosure if you ask me...big commitment as far as space, time and money goes (possibly even limbs haha) :wink: plus there is so much to be aware of with them, you couldnt relax for a second with one.

As far as cobras etc go...i personally wouldnt go there, they just scare me :oops:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts