Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been keeping reps for about 4 years now and want to start researching into the venomous side of things. i feel my snake collection wont be complete without one or two of my life long favorite snakes, a rattle snake or the monocled cobra :flrt:

Does anyone know of any books that will help me on my way?
or if there is any books that will give me the information on the two stated above.

if someone can point me in the right direction of very handy books/info i would be very grateful.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
To tell the truth I think you need more then just a book, you need mentoring with venmous IMO, a few venmous courses etc. especially if you want to keep a cobra.

That Being said I know you want the book to research etc, but with hots experience is key :2thumb:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To tell the truth I think you need more then just a book, you need mentoring with venmous IMO, a few venmous courses etc. especially if you want to keep a cobra.

That Being said I know you want the book to research etc, but with hots experience is key :2thumb:

I just want to build a background knowledge of species and habitats.

i am willing to take what ever courses i can get and as much mentoring/handling experience as needed, even if it takes 10years.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Slippery42 does a course I believe and I know wrigglies do, and I know mark amey at amey zoo does at certain times, they are advertised in the dwa classifieds :2thumb:

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
brilliant will look into them, as i will be willing to travel any where needed!

you have any hots yourself?
No mate not at the moment there's only one hot I want and that a golden eyelash viper, but it's not possible to have hots at this stage in my life, hopefully some day pal.

There's always one thing or another, however I am nowhere near ready for a hot

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No mate not at the moment there's only one hot I want and that a golden eyelash viper, but it's not possible to have hots at this stage in my life, hopefully some day pal.

There's always one thing or another, however I am nowhere near ready for a hot
Stunning snakes, would love a saw scaled viper! yeah im nowhere near as you can probably tell and definitely something i will not be rushing into!

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.