Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon

If anyone could post links to - or email me some PDF's on venomous snakes it would be of great help to me. I have no preferences on what genus etc

Im basically looking to learn as much as possible about every aspect of these animals - i myself am not looking to keep dwa animals - boiga denrophila is about my limit! Its purely just part of a quest to gather extra knowledge on these animals.

it could be regarding distribution - venom - husbandry - anything and everything

really appreciate any help :)

Non venomuos are welcome also - but not my key focus at the moment

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
There was a link on here to a great site with lots of interesting articles a while back. I'll see if I can find it on my earlier posts and bump it back up.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
If you're interested in snakes and want some good information on their husbandry, then I'd recommend two books above all others IMO:

Snakes in the Terrarium vol. 1: Non-Venomous Snakes
Snakes in the Terrarium vol. 2: Venomous Snakes

Both by Ludwig Trutnau

The former can be difficult to get hold of but it is possible on the internet (try "used and new" on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk)

They don't give a huge amount of information on general husbandry (this is covered by other books) but cannot be beaten for the species-by-species information they provide.

Vol. 1 covers rear-fanged snakes like the Boomslang, Twig snake, Boiga and Ahaetulla (and so many more) as well as "non-venomous".

I keep going back to read them, the breadth of species covered in detail is unsurpassed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts