Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
uummmm firstly it is impossible to get a dwa animal into the country unless it is smuggled in, and if you were a responsible person u should report this person for trying to, as all you are going to do is encourage some one to catch a wild animal and illegally smuggle it into the country,

If this does happen and it escapes then there will be no record of where it came from and the local population could be at great risk.

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
PendleHog said:
Can this please be removed :roll:
no it shud be left as my reply covers some very valid points, just lock it

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
twas a silly question...i am a naughty boy, *slaps wrist* lol but i would never accept a wc animal. period. and i would be so responsible ass to ensure that it didnt escape. i just dont see why i should fund the council, by paying for a licence, when a gun licence is only £15, and dogs dont even need 1, I'd rather be spat at by a spitting cobra than mauled by a rottie or pitbull!!

an the subject how hard is it to get them without a licence, no names of who can/ offers please, i'm being responsible (now)

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
tigger79 said:
uummmm firstly it is impossible to get a dwa animal into the country unless it is smuggled in.
What? Sorry but it is perfectly legal to import DWA animals into the UK providing you have the correct licensing to do so...
Where do you think those with DWA licenses got all their stock from? I can assure you it was not all brought over illegally, nor was it all bred in the UK.

You may be confusing the legislation with something else.. you can import venomous snakes (and indeed all mammals on the DWA) without breaking the law, though there are certain hoops to jump through as always :lol:

The main issue I had with this post is that he was trying to find someone willing to sell him an animal he was not legally licensed to keep. A dangerous practice if nothing else :shock:

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
To answer the question... it rather depends on who you know but it is not all that easy (particularly for the species you detailed) and it is set to become harder. DEFRA are discussing the addition of a clause in the DWA which makes it illegal for a seller to supply a DWA animal without seeing the purchasers paperwork. Historically it has been the purchasers responsibility to have a DWA and not the sellers to ask for proof.

I really think this thread should be closed down, it is not appropriate to talk about illegal venemous keeping on an open forum.

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
it is impossible to obtain a DWA animal without the license is what i ment,

as you said the Dealers must have the correct paper work to ship them into the uk,

so this makes it impossible to obtain one unless done illegally

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Ah apologies tigger I thought you were implying DWA animals could not be imported full stop :roll: That teaches me for jumping to conclusions! :lol:

Dont worry about it Dan, you've removed the problematic content so that should be enough.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
That would have been so much more interesting if I had have been able to read the original post :? Can't quite figure out what went on but I'm guessing he must have asked something really bad for the first response to be 'can this please be removed :roll: ' Oh well, I always seem to miss the interesting threads........... 8)

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I seen it last night but never bothered to respond.

I'd tell your hypothetical friend to get the license, at least this way one of the precautions for keeping these sort of snakes is taken. I probably know someone that might breed some of the mentioned, but doubt very much he'd sell without the hypothetical friend showing proof of a license.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
tigger79 said:
it is impossible to obtain a DWA animal without the license is what i ment,
This isn't true either.

I can go out and buy a DWA animal without a license, i just have certain restrictions on how long i can keep it and why i would have it for that time frame.

There is nothing to stop me buyin a DWA animal in the uk from a breeder without a license either - there is no legal requirement for a private individual to check the buyers license (shops do).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts