Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im currently looking into getting a boa when i can pay off my credit cards a bit more. with that in mind i have been googling away looking for something decent to learn off, i.e requirements and good quality caresheets, there isn't much that i can find that i like.

any good caresheets for these? any people who have them what are your experiences with them? are they peaceful and rewarding reptiles? it would be my first snake that isn't a corn snake, but ive been in contact with alot of other snakes and i love the look of boa's. any help would be really appreciated
:crazy:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my wife fears huge boa's, but i thought the little ones were better for her to adjust and i love the smaller ones alot!

i was looking for a small time breeder, preferably up north, but that seems pretty hard to come by really

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
Crawl Cay's are nice and small (on the link I posted). There's always the El Salvador's too and a host of other dwarves. They're the two I've seen about the most out of the dwarf species though. Them and The Hogg Islands of course.

Dunno about breeders up north though really.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just reading about the hogg isle boa's now, they seem pretty cool too. Does anyone have these on here?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
iv got a pair of baby hogg island boas
there amazing
cant be much help with regards to adults though
id say go for hoggs but then im biased:lol2:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
not had them very long but no not even in the slightest
they really are fantastic
im looking at getting another one or three:lol2:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
all the morphs and genetics "stuff" just makes my brain hurt so hopefully someone else knows
cos i would also like to know:lol2:

·
Registered
20,860 Posts
This is Metsti. She is an 18month old El Salvador boa and will probably not be much more than 3' when fully grown.

She is just like any other boa in character and a real softie. The El Salvadors only eat once every 10-14 days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts