Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I think I have been sold either a pair of one sex russian hamsters or a pair of duds....

I have had them since early september, and they still have not had any babies!
Does anyone know how i would sex them, as i bought them from [email protected] and dare I say it......I trusted there judgement on male/female.:bash::cussing:

help:blush:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Pick them up, tilt them back and you should be able to see if you have a pair, its unusual for a male and female not to breed tho, maybe she wont accept him???

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
What are you breeding them to feed? Judging by our old dwarf ham,ster thing it really won't be worth it.

Mason

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I was going to initially about 4 motnhs ago then realised its not worth the hassle so gave them away as pets, sticking to the multis at the moment.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have some baby russian sand boas, and am planning on breeding my adults next year as well, so its just in case all else fails really, nice to have a 'plan z' thats all.:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was going to initially about 4 motnhs ago then realised its not worth the hassle so gave them away as pets, sticking to the multis at the moment.

I just cant get hold of any multis locally though!:devil:

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
err..

i can have a look and see what multis i have about..

or rather what the bloody ferrets have left me i should say

i drive past berks on the M3, could meet maybe somewhere...

N

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that would be great, just ket me know, all i would like really is say a trio or so. Just let me know when to meet and how much £ to bring with me!:no1:

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
i find at pets at home if u want to females they give u a male and female saying they both females i dont think its they flot much they are trying lol
but if your hamster look the same on they bits you know they the same sex.
and im sure on google there will be pics of the sex for you coz i had 2 from pets at home and i sold them they both female and male :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts