Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures to show the difference between Eurydactylodes agricolae and Eurydactylodes vieillardi.
They look a lot alike, but there are minor differences.

On the right: E. agricolae
On the left: E. vieillardi

On the top: E. vieillardi
At the bottom: E. agricolae

Left: E. agricolae
Right: E. vieillardi.
As you can see with both animals the mouth has a slit all the way up to the ear, but with E. vieillardi there is a skin fold covering the slit.

Left: E. agricolae
The scales on the head/nose of the E. vieillardi are bigger and not as "messy" as with E. agricolae.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Lovely pics : victory: and very informative showing the differences (plus it is making me want to get one even more)!

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Great to see the contrast of these Debbie. Have to say if I was getting one, it would have to be the vieillardi. They seem to have more definition to their scaling.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Thank you for posting this Debbie; it's really informative. Problem is, it's now made me want to get both species, just so that I can do a comparison of my own...:whistling2:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Great pics Debbie - stunning geckos! We did some comparison photographs last week of ours as well :lol2: I personally prefer the vieillardi, ours seem to have more of a personality than the agricolae and I love their big scales :) I cant wait to see what the babies look like, we have 2 clutches of vieillardi eggs cooking at the moment and I can't imagine how tiny they are going to be :gasp:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sorry, just noticed we had the first and the last two pictures switched...
can one of the moderators please change it into this?:

Left: E. agricolae.

Left: E. vieillardi.
Right: E. agricolae
As you can see with both animals the mouth has a slit all the way up to the ear, but with E. vieillardi there is a skin fold covering the slit.

Left: E. vieillardi.
Right: E. agricolae
The scales on the head/nose of the E. vieillardi are bigger and not as "messy" as with E. agricolae.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts